Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

92 vs 93 Dry Pipe Comparison

I have in front of me a 92 and a 93 dry pipe. Here are the differences after carefully measuring and analyizing every possible aspect of it...

Differences

There are none. Everything was identical.

I checked the date stamps and here was what I found

On the 92, the date stamp was said "5-92"
    On the 93, it said "10-2-93"

The placement of the date stamp was different. On the 93 the stamp was on the outside of the pipe near where it bolts onto the intake manifold. Above the 10-2-93 it did say 5/7 or S/7 (too hard to tell)

On the 92 pipe, the date stamp was on the inside of the pipe on the middle of the curve.

I'd post pics by my digi is currently dead but as far as I can tell from looking at them at all possible angles, the pipes are identical.
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 11-16-2006 at 02:54 AM.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    That is great info right there. It gives people searching for a pipe peace of mind knowing that they are the same.

Ride Mohave To Havasu. Live In Los Angeles.
    There is no difference at all in the tailcones (length or diameter)? I too have heard forever that they are different but never had the chance to compare them side by side. My pipe if I recall correctly had 4/92 date code? The best verification would be once someone has the set up dialed in with the "92" pipe, they should just swap to the 93 pipe and see if anything changes. If so then they are not the same? If nothing changes then they are the same?

Some side by side pics from different angles would be great. Get that camera upgraded BigDaddy

Ride Mohave To Havasu. Live In Los Angeles.
    Everyone with a 92 and 93 pipe please post your year and date code. It would be interesting to see the data. My 780 is at my AZ home so I won't be able to check it out for awhile. I don't know when I will be back there with all the Holidays approaching.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaLion View Post
    Everyone with a 92 and 93 pipe please post your year and date code. It would be interesting to see the data. My 780 is at my AZ home so I won't be able to check it out for awhile. I don't know when I will be back there with all the Holidays approaching.
    Date code 02/20/92

Unfortunately, I had to ship the 93 pipe to Lance today but I measured the nozzle...identical.

great info thanks bd for checking it out

no prob...so when you notice on your pipe that the date stamp has been "well cleaned" with my wire brush drill bit you'll know why.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaLion View Post
    So, I cannot read my date stamp because it is on the hull side near the curve.. definatly not on the top near where it bolts on to the manifold.. (my 780 pipe has it in that location!) I coud read it if it were there... this means I guess I actually have an early 93 pipe with the 92 version?

Okay, there is one glitch in this theory now that they are the same... I belive it was dirtkiddracing that said that he tried them both and they were different? What if, polaris started using a "different" pipe in 93, but some 93's have a 93 date code, but the same pipe as the 92? Now, I'm pissed off and confused... as I have no way of telling on mine cuz I cannot read it while bolted to the ski... all that would have to come out I suspect to be able to get the date code to a viewable angle! I hope that's not my RPM problem! damn, why did one person have to verify that at least some of them are different!

Jared
    Last edited by jcc011185; 11-16-2006 at 08:18 PM.

BD, what measurement did you get when you measured the cone? Where did you start and end.. Maybe I can judge by measuring mine...?

Jared

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information