+1

gpr questions, confused????

Hey guys, i just sold my modified 2007 rxt and am looking for another ski.
    I have been considering a gp1300r but unsure on a few things. I have been following a few threads on here ie; pale riders victim of changes, gus 13letter from bone stock to 76mph and a few others. I plan to modify the next ski, good for around 75+mph but i also want it to be surf jumping friendly aswell as reliable as the seadoo had 2 engine rebuilds in 150hrs!!
    My quetions are;
    #1 Do you guys think the gpr would be the ski or you can't have speed and surf in the one ski?
    #2 Apart from the HO pump, is there any mechanical difference in the gp1300r from 05-08?
    #3 And to go pre-mixed @ 40:1 (i read for modified skis) that equates to 40ml oil per litre, at a 60ltr tank that's 2.4litres of oil per ride!!! How much are theese skis to run or have i missed something?
    #4 How do you think fuel consumption would compare to my modified rxt?
    As the heading says, i'm just a little confused???
    Cheers brad...

Quote Originally Posted by bradsta View Post
    Hey guys, i just sold my modified 2007 rxt and am looking for another ski.
    I have been considering a gp1300r but unsure on a few things. I have been following a few threads on here ie; pale riders victim of changes, gus 13letter from bone stock to 76mph and a few others. I plan to modify the next ski, good for around 75+mph but i also want it to be surf jumping friendly aswell as reliable as the seadoo had 2 engine rebuilds in 150hrs!!
    My quetions are;
    #1 Do you guys think the gpr would be the ski or you can't have speed and surf in the one ski? Yes, properly built, and properly pitched it will do very good... Dig up some info on inkaddicts ski, and that sucka fly`s thru the air!
    #2 Apart from the HO pump, is there any mechanical difference in the gp1300r from 05-08? None, just color and decals
    #3 And to go pre-mixed @ 40:1 (i read for modified skis) that equates to 40ml oil per litre, at a 60ltr tank that's 2.4litres of oil per ride!!! How much are theese skis to run or have i missed something? 16oz per 5 gallons. yes, it uses more oil doing premix
    #4 How do you think fuel consumption would compare to my modified rxt? Well, that depends on level of performance and impeller pitch and max engine RPM`s. Some modified GPR`s have run more fuel efficient than stock. I could get about 2-2.5 hours of running on a tank, and when I refueld, it took 11 gallons + or -
    As the heading says, i'm just a little confused???
    Cheers brad...

Send inkaddict a PM... I have seen his ski in the surf, is it a bird, is it a Plane!!!
    hull set up is critical and has a lot of speed. and depending on what you want to spend for top speed... it def costs brotha!
    You can do it tho with a properly set up ski. and Glad to see someone interested in the GPR platform!, Good Luck!

Thread Information