Just bought stage 1+!!

So yesterday I got my quarterly bonus and decided, what the hell, and bought the following:

Riva 4" rear intake
    Riva Shorty Waterbox
    Rear Outlet kit
    2* Pump Wedge
    VTS Extension Rod
    Impeller Tool

I also have aquired the following used:

Riva Top Loader Intake Grate
    Solas 15/19R Prop
    Riva OPAS blockoffs.

I was wondering what all I should be picking up in the meantime for installation. I have some red loctite and some black rtv, will I need anything else? Also does anyone know where I can find the installation instructions for the prop for the quickest, safest, swap?

+1
    I would definatly get the r&d girdle kit to go with that riva intake grate...it will prevent the brass shoe inserts from pulling out of your ride plate as you get going faster and faster...do it now before its too late...

+1
    Is it a solas or Skat 15/19r??? 3 or 4 blade???
    if it's a 3 blade your gonna need some more power to turn it...

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoItsGodzirra View Post
    So yesterday I got my quarterly bonus and decided, what the hell, and bought the following:

Riva 4" rear intake
    Riva Shorty Waterbox
    Rear Outlet kit
    2* Pump Wedge
    VTS Extension Rod
    Impeller Tool

I also have aquired the following used:

Riva Top Loader Intake Grate
    Solas 15/19R Prop
    Riva OPAS blockoffs.

I was wondering what all I should be picking up in the meantime for installation. I have some red loctite and some black rtv, will I need anything else? Also does anyone know where I can find the installation instructions for the prop for the quickest, safest, swap?

That's my bad. It's a 14/19r solas. Thanks for the prop install guide too! Does mobil 1 synthetic grease work as well as brp? I'll probably pick a tube up. Is the girdle that big of a safety if I'm probably not going to do much to the ski? (But I'm sure we've all said that before! Lollll)

+1
    You shouldn't need the silicone as it is not needed for the wedge. Everything else looks good. I would also get the girdle kit and get it installed for preventative measures. I used the Solas nose cone, I had issues with it backing off and used a little red loctite on the threads and put a good wrench to it. ALSO, you need BLUE loctite for the pump and nozzle bolts. Red for the steering extension. Set the VTS to aroun 8.5 inches to get you started. What I did was put the VTS in the UP position and attached it and made my adjustments there. Others will say put it down, personal preference I guess. I did this mainly to ensure that it was going to go as high as I could get it to allow the craft to be out of the water greatest. Might want to send your prop to have it pitched a little as the 14/19 is a little strong and needs to be adjusted a touch. Jerry could help you out. He did wonders for my props. He knows just how to dial them in. There are others, but he is closer to me and my parts come from him as well. Hope this helps. I ran 74.5 with that almost same setup I just completed this past week on my wife's ski.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GPS.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	233011

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prop.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	233012

Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to this (gotta make the money for toys somehow) but thanks a bunch for the information! I plan on getting the ski taken apart this weekend. I thought the vts extension came preset for the pump wedge so I wasn't planning on messing with it but it needs tuned?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OhNoItsGodzirra View Post
    That's my bad. It's a 14/19r solas. Thanks for the prop install guide too! Does mobil 1 synthetic grease work as well as brp? I'll probably pick a tube up. Is the girdle that big of a safety if I'm probably not going to do much to the ski? (But I'm sure we've all said that before! Lollll)
    The 2 greases will not mix. If you decided to use another grease you need to make sure you get ALL of the BRP grease.

Thread Information