Polaris engine alignment tool

Hi everybody iam new to this forum. Iam currently trying to install a rebuilt engine in my slt 780 and having a hard time finding an engine alighnment tool.does someone have a tool i can buy.i looked at the specs to make one but dont know what type of rod to buy when you go to the steel supply website there are hundreds of choses.any help would be appreciated.thanks puddin.....

Quote Originally Posted by puddinhead View Post
    Hi everybody iam new to this forum. Iam currently trying to install a rebuilt engine in my slt 780 and having a hard time finding an engine alighnment tool.does someone have a tool i can buy.i looked at the specs to make one but dont know what type of rod to buy when you go to the steel supply website there are hundreds of choses.any help would be appreciated.thanks puddin.....
    Watcon.com is the only place I see them.

+1
    I think that Jay (2&4strokepolaristech on the forums) has one that he rents out.

I have rented mine about 6 times. I charge $5/day. PM me.

Has anyone ever seen the mag carb with a bent throtle plate.i bought the ski with a broken piston rod on the pto end and the case was cracked.as i am putting my new motor in i noticed the throttle plate was not closed like the other two.could this ski have been running like this.any help would be appricated.thanks puddinhead

+1
    Has anyone ever seen the mag carb with a bent throtle plate.i bought the ski with a broken piston rod on the pto end and the case was cracked.as i am putting my new motor in i noticed the throttle plate was not closed like the other two.could this ski have been running like this.any help would be appricated.thanks puddinhead
    Most likely the plate is not bent. There are screws on the throttle linkage that allows you synchronize the plates. You need to adjust those screws until all 3 plates are equally closed and open to the same position. IF you don't that will mess with your idling.

The broken rod wouldn't be a result of the misaligned throttle plate. A better explanation for a broken rod is water ingestion that can cause hydrolock.

KJ

thanks for the info kj

i have 2 1996 slt 780s what does the letters sl,slt,sltx ect.... mean

+1
    i have 2 1996 slt 780s what does the letters sl,slt,sltx ect.... mean
    I'm pretty certain SL stands for Sea Lion. The T stands for triple, meaning it's a 3 seaters. There used to be a link somewhere with a rundown of all models and features. The SL regardless of year simply means it's a 2 seater. The same for SLT, it just simply means it's a 3-person rated hull. The H or X at the end of the model are designations of different performance levels. The X is a designation for high performance.

KJ

Thread Information