Unhappy 1996 Seadoo XP VTS

I have a 96 XP seadoo that had a bad VTS gauge.So i replaced it with a used one.But the needle just moved really quick up and down when i first plugged it in and would not stop at the half way point.So now after checking all connections and trim motor (OK) the gauge will not move at all.So i plugged in another gauge from a 96 xp and samething happens.I think the VTS module where the trim motor bolts to is bad? Trim motor works the trim up and down,all connections are good and wired right and have tryd 2 gauges and nothing.So any help would greatly be appreciated! Thanx Mototrmadness !

well if you hear the trim working, and are checking to see if it goes up and down all the way, its not the vts module thats bad.

My vts and speedo gauges both dont work. I wish I had a single gauge hood to take them out, but no scrap for another hood right now

Everything is internal to the vts module. Gauge circuit, limit switches, and relays are all on one board. The actual gauge circuit is a POS which involves using glass reed switches that often break or can get shorted out by moisture. The manual does a poor job of covering the vts system. This is the best article I've seen that covers it. Hope this helps

http://www.sea-doo.net/techarticles/vts/index.html

Talking

Burton 2323 and RumRunnerRon, Thanx for all your help. The seadoo tech article can in really handy.If you guys need anything, Please let me know! Thanx again,Motormadness!

Quote Originally Posted by motormadness View Post
    Burton 2323 and RumRunnerRon, Thanx for all your help. The seadoo tech article can in really handy.If you guys need anything, Please let me know! Thanx again,Motormadness!

No prob at all. Although can't take to much credit for an article that I found a while back in the stickies but, glad I could point you in the right direction. If you do find moisture be sure to check out the vts rod boot really good for pinholes and cracks and pull the cover if you can to try and dry things out really good. Be careful with the tabs on the cover. They get brittle over time and break.

Thread Information