+1

need advise for upgrading 2006rxt for offshore racing

hi all,

as I broke my shoulder during the sunday race with my rxp in offshore, I bought a rxt hull without engine.

Decided to put everything i have in from rxp hull into thr rxt.

Two things that I don't know on rxt. handling and prop to choose.

It appears that my 2006 rxt hull is heavier (+25kg) than the 08 rxt and rxt x hull. As I'll do offshore racing, do I still need to put R&D grate or riva one?

Just bought a skat trak 4blade 10/21 prop is it a good one for my configuration?

never rode a rxt with heavy hull will i see a difference in terms of handling a cutting the waves during offshore.

Need to choose the right products without spending too much as I'm planning to buy the 2012ski

Quote Originally Posted by otoss View Post
    hi all,

as I broke my shoulder during the sunday race with my rxp in offshore, I bought a rxt hull without engine.

Decided to put everything i have in from rxp hull into thr rxt.

Two things that I don't know on rxt. handling and prop to choose.

It appears that my 2006 rxt hull is heavier (+25kg) than the 08 rxt and rxt x hull. As I'll do offshore racing, do I still need to put R&D grate or riva one?

Just bought a skat trak 4blade 10/21 prop is it a good one for my configuration?

never rode a rxt with heavy hull will i see a difference in terms of handling a cutting the waves during offshore.

Need to choose the right products without spending too much as I'm planning to buy the 2012ski
    I rode a few offshore races on an RXT and one offshore race on a RXP The RXT is way better in the rough stuff. Getting the ergonomics right is very important. I would recommend getting a prop with a "setback" mod and this will increase hookup. Eric at Speedfreaks can do it to the prop you have. I would go with the R&D grate instead of the Riva. I have a 2010 RXTX and it's better than the 2006 RXT offshore, but the Kawi is still the offshore king. You should take a serious look at the Ultra 300 in 2012.

+1
    ah don't like kawa I'm a seadoo addicted and don't have money to waste on brokern parts what's set back mod ? tuto?

Quote Originally Posted by otoss View Post
    ah don't like kawa I'm a seadoo addicted and don't have money to waste on brokern parts what's set back mod ? tuto?
    haha too funny! I have seen a lot of problems with Kawis, but they seem to have figured out a lot of them. We'll have to wait and see if the 300 is reliable.

Setback mod puts the prop closer to the pump veins and increases hookup and efficiency. Worth the money. After that, I would suggest a pump extension.

Thread Information