Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Fastest in my cove sfackett0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sparrows Point, MD (near the Key Bridge)
    Posts
    1,000
    +1
    22

    How much does it cost to have a prop repitched

    Not sure if its even possible. I thought I read way back that 14/19 was difficult to repitch to a 15/20. But if it is possible how much does it cost to have it done.


  2. #2
    A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    GREECE ATHENS , NAXOS
    Posts
    2,691
    +1
    40

    :)

    + how much cost to repair damaged props?
    I know you can repitch a prop just a little
    But how much you can repitch them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	impbend_127.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	232796  
    Last edited by mitsakosgt; 03-19-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: add pic

  3. #3
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    6,355
    +1
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    Not sure if its even possible. I thought I read way back that 14/19 was difficult to repitch to a 15/20. But if it is possible how much does it cost to have it done.
    Save yourself a bunch of ass pain and/or screwed up parts. Send the impeller to Erik @ Speedfreeks Racing. Its $145 to re-pitch and one free one for fine tuning, if needed.

  4. #4
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    Not sure if its even possible. I thought I read way back that 14/19 was difficult to repitch to a 15/20. But if it is possible how much does it cost to have it done.
    You can pitch a 14/19 impeller to a 15/20, but its not the same as a 15/20 pitched to a 15/20. All impellers are not pitched that great from the factory. Everyone I have needed to be trued first. A 14/19 has a different root angle than 15/20 they are different impeller not just a different pitch. Duke does all my impellers.

  5. #5
    ou812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside,ca
    Posts
    6,210
    +1
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Save yourself a bunch of ass pain and/or screwed up parts. Send the impeller to Erik @ Speedfreeks Racing. Its $145 to re-pitch and one free one for fine tuning, if needed.
    +1 as JP said.

    For a 145.00 repitch you're better off buying a 15/20 and practice bending on your 14/19 or sell it.

    ---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    Not sure if its even possible. I thought I read way back that 14/19 was difficult to repitch to a 15/20. But if it is possible how much does it cost to have it done.
    Skat & impros I beleive are 80.00-90.00 for a repitch and refinish if the impeller is in good shape & doesn't need any repairs

  6. #6
    Fastest in my cove sfackett0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sparrows Point, MD (near the Key Bridge)
    Posts
    1,000
    +1
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    You can pitch a 14/19 impeller to a 15/20, but its not the same as a 15/20 pitched to a 15/20. All impellers are not pitched that great from the factory. Everyone I have needed to be trued first. A 14/19 has a different root angle than 15/20 they are different impeller not just a different pitch. Duke does all my impellers.
    thats what I thought, thanks for the info

  7. #7

  8. #8
    ou812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside,ca
    Posts
    6,210
    +1
    198
    Well, after reading the site, not bad on the prices at all. I didn't realize the 145.00 was for a set back mod.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-25-2013, 10:04 PM
  2. How much would it cost me to rebuild a carb on a 2003 stx-r 1200??
    By Ultra150top in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-31-2012, 05:07 PM
  3. How much does it cost?
    By birdgod in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-14-2011, 04:03 PM
  4. Does it pay to have the prop balanced?
    By jpa1300 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 07:05 AM
  5. How much does it cost?
    By HallPass in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 05:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •