Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Now this is an appropriate speed limit sign. dragon129's Avatar

Keihin accelerator pump?

Okay, here is my acc. pump off the carb for my SLXH 1050. Over that hole where the o-ring goes, I see the spring. Do I have the arrangement correct? I was blasting it to get the paint off and luckily seen the spring fly out. There is a ball in there but I just want to make sure the arrangement is correct. Should I see the spring through the hole, or the ball? Thanks

Name:  accelerator pump.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  4.1 KB

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Photo is very small.

Yeah, sorry. I have to use my cell phone since my camera is in Thailand. Here's another pic. It's not any bigger but you can see the coils of the spring. I just hope it's the right way. Any of the illustrations I try to find has everything but this piece of the acc. pump.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	acc. pump.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	232835  

+1
    How in the hell did that spring come out of there? Is the "plug" still in the out side of the housing?
    Yes,you should see the spring,the check ball should be towards the carb.
    The check ball seals off the fuel,from just flowing into the accel pump under normal pressure.

BTW,Polaris only sold those accel pump parts as an assembly, with the jet block.that is why you can not see the parts seperately.If you need any of those internal parts you could try Keihin,they were also used on alot of Kawasaki PWC.But the jet block/pump location is completely different than the Kawi.

Thanks casey. I figured that ball cut the fuel off, but because of the fitting on the other side, I was confused at the direction of the fuel. The plug is indeed still there. I don't know how the hell I seen the spring fly out when I had high pressure air going through that port, but I'm gald I did. It was fun getting it back in though.

Resurrecting an old thread on accelerator pumps

So my 01 Virage 700 single carb has lost accelerator pump function. I understand (thanks TXPro1200) they tend to fail at the diaphram or at either check valve (jet block & squirter). I'm currently trying to source an accelerator pump rebuild kit.......and understand at the same time check valves or check valve parts are not included in that kit.

Can someone detail for me the removal of the ball and spring from the jet block? I understand how to remove and take apart the squirter check valve. Anyone have a spare squirter(s) they'd like to sell?

Also, along with cleaning these check valves once apart......I'd like to replace both the springs and balls; or at least the ball(s). Does anyone know the diameter of the balls in each of the check valves?

Thanks in advance.

GH members: not having a problem with my accel pump, but see it as a part that when it fails the lack of availability poses a difficult choice for the 2001 virage carb. has anyone come up with the solution for the accel pump components no longer being available? The sourcing of used is an option of course. Was wondering if anyone had researched the ability to replace the diaphragm piece on the accel pump shaft? I saw in a post there was an accel pump from another carb that could possibly be shortened and made to work. In my quest I found a polaris part 2200732 and grabbed it. Will see if it is a exact replacement or not. Thoughts on this issue?

Banned User
    +1
    2200732 Is the part number for the accel pump kit for the Virage carb. It should be the right part.

Thanks Mr. I am thinking with the diaphragms out there maybe we can find one to go in place of original on that shaft and publish it for future use. mine is in my ski.... With that 2200732 as spare, maybe I can figure out how to create a way to replace diaphragm with one currently available and contribute. We shall see.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon129 View Post
    Yeah, sorry. I have to use my cell phone since my camera is in Thailand. Here's another pic. It's not any bigger but you can see the coils of the spring. I just hope it's the right way. Any of the illustrations I try to find has everything but this piece of the acc. pump.
    if the check ball is at the metering block end then its correct,using air pressure will blow the spring out

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information