Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

FX SHO Full of water

Well just been out for a good cruise with Hydro when we stopped at a beach for a drink.

Tried to get back on ski and it felt heavy.

Looked inside and it was full of water nearly up to the top of the battery pulled up on beack and drained out then got back to ramp.

Cleaned ski filled full of water up to top of battery no leaks so must be a split hose ??

Has anybody had this experiance or any ideas. Next step to start stripping ang checking hoses ?

Any help would be great ?

+1
    If you found no leaks then I would assume it is a hose leak. It might be a high pressure leak, in which case it will be hard to spot. I would check the driveshaft hose. If it is collapsed or deformed it could be your culprit. Also, check the drain plugs. Make sure you had them in and check them for cracks. Both my drain plugs cracked.

Also, give the exhaust hoses a check. Sometimes those worm gear clamps loosed up.

+1
    I think for sure it could be a pressure leak but will check the drain bungs.

Also i was thinking of making a few blanking plugs up for the hoses and pressure testing the water system ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    If you found no leaks then I would assume it is a hose leak. It might be a high pressure leak, in which case it will be hard to spot. I would check the driveshaft hose. If it is collapsed or deformed it could be your culprit. Also, check the drain plugs. Make sure you had them in and check them for cracks. Both my drain plugs cracked.

Also, give the exhaust hoses a check. Sometimes those worm gear clamps loosed up.
    driveshaft hose ok i checked it today and a week ago when we tweeked the prop
    bungs alway in as i check as hes reversing at me every time so check for cracks cap

+1
    If you come to the conclusion that it is, in fact, a high pressure water leak then I would take the ski out for a minute with the seats off to see if you can spot the leak under speed.

did the bilge pump and syphon pump not keep up?...are they working correctly.... if they are that must off been some serious leak

Ian

+1
    pump tunnel all looked good as well.....

i can ride it tomorrow with seats off mate

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    You dont necessarily have to ride it with the seats off. You can just lower the ski into the water on the trailer until the back half is in the water, at the ramp, seats off, and start her up. Makes it alot easier to pinpoint a leak than if ur riding and trying to find the leak.

If you cant see the leak at idle, start bringing the revs up slowly and not too high. You dont want your ski jumping off the trailer into your tow vehicle!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    You dont necessarily have to ride it with the seats off. You can just lower the ski into the water on the trailer until the back half is in the water, at the ramp, seats off, and start her up. Makes it alot easier to pinpoint a leak than if ur riding and trying to find the leak.

If you cant see the leak at idle, start bringing the revs up slowly and not too high. You dont want your ski jumping off the trailer into your tow vehicle!
    +1

Sounds like a split hose or a hose off. Yamaha had a recall out on the HO's for a hose & clip upgrade due to hoses coming off. If a hose comes off, there is no way the two bilge pumps can keep up!

+1
    The two pumps could not keep up that was for sure as it was half full of water ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information