Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

surge at all RPM

so.......05 RXT, 140 hours, surging at all RPM (as much as 500 rpm at 6k rpm) sometimes it would surge more than others. Compression test showed 1-135, 2-130, 3-135. Removed the supercharger and everything looks good (rebuilt by Jerry 45 hours ago). There was quite a bit of oil in the hose from the supercharger to the throttle body and the inlet hose to the supercharger. Spark plugs have less than 10 hours, one looked almost brand new, another had yellow residue and the other had a dark spot on the porcelain. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    I'm having similar issues with my 10 RXTiS. I recently had a BUDS update to accommodate the speed bypass module. (Solas 15/22 as well). I had a P0122 error code pop up recently. (throttle position switch) But my mech isn't sure yet how to approach. He's in touch with BRP about the issue. I know we have very different skis, but that's my story....it's doing the same thing, enough to make my head bob back and forth.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    tps is a possibility but so is a vaccume leak...

+1
    How long since you replaced the intank fuel filter?? If it is black when you take it out ....bin it and use your oil evec to clean up the bottom of the tank. Just a good place to start but we see this all the time on ski's returning to the water after laying away for winter.

Quote Originally Posted by eb87 View Post
    so.......05 RXT, 140 hours, surging at all RPM (as much as 500 rpm at 6k rpm) sometimes it would surge more than others. Compression test showed 1-135, 2-130, 3-135. Removed the supercharger and everything looks good (rebuilt by Jerry 45 hours ago). There was quite a bit of oil in the hose from the supercharger to the throttle body and the inlet hose to the supercharger. Spark plugs have less than 10 hours, one looked almost brand new, another had yellow residue and the other had a dark spot on the porcelain. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!

+1
    fuel filter never been replaced, wasn't aware since there is no external fuel filter. This is a Florida ski used year round and never sits for more than a month. It has beer surging for some time but was only at low rpm. It was fine past 3k. Friday the surging got really bad.

Any way to test the TPS sensor? I don't want to start buying sensors hoping to find the problem in the blind....that's beyond my budget. Thanks for your replies!!!

+1
    fuel filter never been replaced, wasn't aware since there is no external fuel filter. This is a Florida ski used year round and never sits for more than a month. It has beer surging for some time but was only at low rpm. It was fine past 3k. Friday the surging got really bad.

Any way to test the TPS sensor? I don't want to start buying sensors hoping to find the problem in the blind....that's beyond my budget. Thanks for your replies!!!
    what is rpm at idle?
    If is high at idle then you got a vacumn leak.

+1
    idles the same as it always does, (a little rough lately) don't remember exact rpm(I think it was 1800) and goes 3mph idling.

+1
    Did you check the slip??? sounds to me like your clutch is slipping pretty bad, had same symptoms as you twice on my skis.

R88

+1
    Have not checked the slip, Jerry rebuilt it 45 hours ago so I had assumed that was no issue. It surges also at low rpm if that matters. As I understand it, I need a special tool to check the slip correct?

+1
    Have not checked the slip, Jerry rebuilt it 45 hours ago so I had assumed that was no issue. It surges also at low rpm if that matters. As I understand it, I need a special tool to check the slip correct?
    Slip depends on many things, does it surge at low throttle as well??? If so then it prob ain't the SCer. it would only really be when giving it a good bit of gas that you would feel the SCer going. R88

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information