Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

06 rxp water in oil just installed new intercooler

Just bought this 06 rxp and it had a leaky riva gen 1 intercooler so i never got a chance to ride it on the water just start it up, it started fine and it seems to run good out of the water, so I replaced the intercooler with a brand new one. Took it out and put it in the water and it ran for about 15 seconds then it shut off and would not start up. Brought it home and the oil level has gone up alot and looks to have water in it, I checked the intercooler pipes and intercooler and everything looks completly dry. Is there somewhere else the water could be comming in at? Why wont it start.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ctct2118 View Post
    Just bought this 06 rxp and it had a leaky riva gen 1 intercooler so i never got a chance to ride it on the water just start it up, it started fine and it seems to run good out of the water, so I replaced the intercooler with a brand new one. Took it out and put it in the water and it ran for about 15 seconds then it shut off and would not start up. Brought it home and the oil level has gone up alot and looks to have water in it, I checked the intercooler pipes and intercooler and everything looks completly dry. Is there somewhere else the water could be comming in at? Why wont it start.
    If the oil is milky there is water in it!!! I would start with an oil change and a plug change. If u do it yourself make sure you get all the water out.

Did you look at the oil or run it before u bought it. If water was in the engine it may have not been removed.

When i bought it had milky oil so I changed it twice(filter too). Then changed it before i rode it today. I started it and idled in my drive way for a few minute's(ran fine). Then in the water it was like 20 seconds and die. Now nothing.

+1
    Had to not get all the water out. I would bet there was some still setting on the intake manifold. It takes a lot to get water out. I would be leery of that engine too. No tellin how long it sat with water in it.

+1
    Search the forum and you can read the correct way to recover from water intrusion.

Just changed the plugs and it fired right up.

Quote Originally Posted by alex_baker202 View Post
    Search the forum and you can read the correct way to recover from water intrusion.

+1
    Just changed the plugs and it fired right up.
    Dude.... If there is still water in ur engine you don't want to "fire" it up. If your oil level came up... Chances r when u go back out it will turn milky... Or you over filled the oil in the first place.

+1
    Brought it home and the oil level has gone up alot and looks to have water in it, I checked the intercooler pipes and intercooler and everything looks completly dry. Is there somewhere else the water could be comming in at? Why wont it start.
    trust me. I have been in ur situation and some smarter person than I talked me out of running on this forum.

+1
    trust me. I have been in ur situation and some smarter person than I talked me out of running on this forum.
    Any update man..... U def don't wanna leave the water sit

+1
    Any update man..... U def don't wanna leave the water sit
    Take the Intake manifold off and check for water... before you hydrolock it. probably hydrolocked the first time out on the water reason it wouldn't start back up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information