2008 fx sho weird problem

i got a 2008 fx sho with a stage 1 and an r2 reflash, last weekend my brother took the ski off the trailer and was riding it would only go to about 4500 rpm and then start to act like it was spuddering, so we got the the beach i rode it and it did the same thing, let it sit in the water for about 3 hours then when we where going back to the ramp it rode fine had all power and was boosting, take it out today same thing but this time we just kept going and after a little bit the ski was running like a champ, the ski rode good for awhile then it started to act up again now this time it would not go very fast only like 20 mph and it sounded as if it was not getting fuel or spark, and everyone i was riding with could hear it too, started to go back to the ramp and rode really good. Has anyone heard of anything like this????

now for my fzr

just wondering i got my fzr out of the ramp today and started it up, i heard alot of water coming out of the rear i looked back and on the left side there was lots of water pouring out of a hole, i took the seat off really quick but it did not look like alot of water in there, and i have never seen this on my ski before, is there a problem or is this normal???

+1
    it could be an intercooler leak causing your running problems , remove your plugs and have a look.

+1
    Regarding the FZR, the "hole" on the left in the pump tunnel is from the bilge pump I believe.

looked at the plugs in both of my skis and they look the same, going to look for the bilge pump lines and see where they go i have never seen water pump out that fast and on land? stock intercooler on the fx

+1
    check for water leaks in your engine compartment. First and for most Install a NEW set of sparkplugs First. I have seen sparkplugs cut in and out and confuse the engine running problems come and go away! Tommy Jordan

+1
    FYI, if you have replaced the plugs and still get shitty spark, replace the coil packs one by one with another known good ski, to see if the fault goes away. We've had 2 coil packs go within the last 2 months. Usually shows up as a crack across the top.
    Dean

alright changed the plugs when i got home will put it in the water sometime this week and check it out, will bring some tools and try to change coil packs out of my fzr and check for leaks thanks for all the input.

+1
    Wow

I'm experiencing the same crap with this 09 SHO in my garage. Heard this ski is currently at Riva. Please let me know what they find??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Wow

I'm experiencing the same crap with this 09 SHO in my garage. Heard this ski is currently at Riva. Please let me know what they find??
    scott,that ski isnt running right?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    scott,that ski isnt running right?
    Hey Dan

Let you know soon. Waiting on parts to arrive

Thread Information