Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56
  1. #1
    Elityler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manchester NH
    Posts
    91

    Ultra 250x low speed?

    I just bought my first pwc. An 07 ultra 250x with 40hr and couldn't wait any longer to ride the thing. First thing I did after reading here, is the double bearing setup. while I had the thing apart I talked to Dave at Impros and put a skat-Trak impeller (12-20 pitch I think) that he said would give great bottom end power. I've seen a couple of videos on YouTube and it looks like the 250 ultra gets going to 60 on the "dreamometer" quick. Not mine!! I opened it up for about half a mile or 3000' and got it to about 52mph (not GPS)

    How much of a run do I need to see 60+ out of this thing? It runs very strong in the mid range, and the boost gauge says I have plenty of boost. The only other thing I noticed was at no wake speed the RPM's would pulse between 3,000-3,500. Is all this normal?

    Thanks so much! Would appreciate any info from you guy's,

    Eli


  2. #2
    jetskibruce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    44
    Keep reading here, everyone will tell you you need a GPS - thats why they call it a "dreamometer" could be high or low but probably not accurate.

  3. #3
    brisyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    681
    +1
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Elityler View Post
    I just bought my first pwc. An 07 ultra 250x with 40hr and couldn't wait any longer to ride the thing. First thing I did after reading here, is the double bearing setup. while I had the thing apart I talked to Dave at Impros and put a skat-Trak impeller (12-20 pitch I think) that he said would give great bottom end power. I've seen a couple of videos on YouTube and it looks like the 250 ultra gets going to 60 on the "dreamometer" quick. Not mine!! I opened it up for about half a mile or 3000' and got it to about 52mph (not GPS)

    How much of a run do I need to see 60+ out of this thing? It runs very strong in the mid range, and the boost gauge says I have plenty of boost. The only other thing I noticed was at no wake speed the RPM's would pulse between 3,000-3,500. Is all this normal?

    Thanks so much! Would appreciate any info from you guy's,

    Eli
    forget the dreamometer, what rpm's were you running and how much boost?

  4. #4
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    should have left the stock prop in

  5. #5
    Elityler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manchester NH
    Posts
    91
    Picking one up tomorrow.

    ---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    forget the dreamometer, what rpm's were you running and how much boost?
    I couldn't see the boost as I was losing light. The RPMs I think was around 7,300 or so.

    ---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    should have left the stock prop in
    Really?? That sucks!! Should I have it modified in any way?

  6. #6
    brisyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    681
    +1
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Elityler View Post
    Picking one up tomorrow.

    ---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------



    I couldn't see the boost as I was losing light. The RPMs I think was around 7,300 or so.

    ---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------



    Really?? That sucks!! Should I have it modified in any way?
    put back your stock prop,it's the best one for stock or lightly mod 250

  7. #7
    Elityler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manchester NH
    Posts
    91
    Would the Skat-Trak 12-20 make me lose a lot of top end speed?

    What about the RPM pulsing I'm having at 6-8mph? Is that normal?

  8. #8
    brisyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    681
    +1
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Elityler View Post
    Would the Skat-Trak 12-20 make me lose a lot of top end speed?

    What about the RPM pulsing I'm having at 6-8mph? Is that normal?
    if you have good boost and running around 7300rpm, it's looking that way. your rpm pulsing can be cause by intake manifold leaks

  9. #9
    Elityler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manchester NH
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    if you have good boost and running around 7300rpm, it's looking that way. your rpm pulsing can be cause by intake manifold leaks
    Manifold leaks from the gasket, or a hose that's not tight? Would spark plugs have anything to do with it?

  10. #10
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    some do some dont has timing advance been done?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2007 kawi ultra 250x low hours parting it out!
    By Kawi260_crusier in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-11-2013, 02:09 PM
  2. stock Ultra 250X Top Speed ?
    By jmatak9 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 02:05 PM
  3. ultra 250x low battery alarm??
    By jnash242 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 07:54 AM
  4. FS: 07 ultra 250x LOW PRICE warranty
    By john07ex in forum Kawasaki Skis
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 11:00 AM
  5. 250X low speed miss morphs into now it won't run
    By reallybigboat in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 03:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •