Thread: Low RPMs

Mutilation is the sincerest form of flattery bretster's Avatar

Low RPMs

Hey guys.. After adding an x-charger, 42# injectors, wear ring, and 15/21 SOLAS prop to my otherwise stock 08 RXT, my rpms have dropped to around 7600 at WOT. Question 1) is my prop too tall for my mods? 2) how do I raise the rpms? Runs great up to the 7600 point and feels like it has more pull but just cant get it higher. Im thinking that a CAI would give me a couple hundred but even then wouldnt be at the 8100 point.

+1
    You need more power to turn that impeller-- external inter cooler, 4 inch intake, depending on which 42 you have a RRFPR and then take a little more out of the prop to bring it up to 8100

I went the same route as you 6 months ago. I also liked the 160 thermostat...

Ok cool. I was thinking my prop was the prob. So I can either up the power to match the prop, or reprop? Great I know where this is heading.. More Power!!

+1
    Re-pitch the prop if money is your factor. It's easy, affordable, and did I mention easy. Send it to Jerry, give him a list of your mods and he will dial it in. If you plan on upgrading you will have to have it re-pitched again. It's a personal choice. Pitch now or pitch later or spend a chunk of change to turn it. Up to you.

Great advice. Im planning more mods for next summer so maybe I'll repitch it. But the general opinion so far seems to be prop is the problem. Whew!!! I was worried I had something else going on.. LOL

that all sounds about right. my '09 wakepro with x-charger, injectors, 4" intake, and pro nozzle with 83 mm ring is turning 7800 rpm with a 15/20 prop. i took the info from the RXP's people were talking about and got that prop, which is a bit much for the heavy three seaters. just have the prop re-pitched and it'll turn the higher rpm's. i need to take mine out and have that done. a 14/19 would have been better, but when i get an external intercooler, the 15/20 will be better.

Thread Information