Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    waterbox vs thru hull exhaust 07rxp 215

    First i would like to say i have done some research before i decided to post but i literally just bought a 2007 rxp 215 last week and im pretty excited about getting it on the water but i would like to add a little noise to it, i know it already has opas block off kit/intake/sponsons, and i was looking to either go for a riva-waterbox, or a thru hull exhaust. I know there is a little bit difference in price but i dont know how they sound or which is the better route to take, im not sure if its worth spending all the money on a waterbox or just going with a thru hull exhaust and having someone gutt the stock waterbox. Basicly im looking for ideas or options. any information would be extremly helpful. I figured i would ask people who actually own the same type of jetskis for advice.
    thanks


  2. #2
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Go with the Riva Waterbox. Why because its easier to remove the supercharger and it sounds better then Thru hull. here is a clip of mine.



  3. #3
    thanks for the help, that thing sounds like a beast! how much is it to have that installed beause i know they need to cut through the hull.

  4. #4
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    All directions are in the how to section. Where are you located? I'm sure someone here wouldn't mind drilling a hole in your ski It truthfully isn't hard to install at all. Also Welcome to the forum!

  5. #5
    Im from Buffalo, Ny and thanks for the welcome and sorry about the newb questions this is my first ski, and ive been doing alot of research i just wanted to see what more peope perfer, i was leaaning towards the waterbox i just know it can get pricy once you buy the waterbox then the hull outlet kit. but if i can install it myself i will defintly look into it.

  6. #6
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by rearviewneons View Post
    Im from Buffalo, Ny and thanks for the welcome and sorry about the newb questions this is my first ski, and ive been doing alot of research i just wanted to see what more peope perfer, i was leaaning towards the waterbox i just know it can get pricy once you buy the waterbox then the hull outlet kit. but if i can install it myself i will defintly look into it.
    I'm in the Albany area and I'm wondering how can you be thinking about jetskis when there's still snow on the ground??

    If money is the main factor I would do a thru-hull and gutted stock box. If not, go straight for the new waterbox.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    I'm in the Albany area and I'm wondering how can you be thinking about jetskis when there's still snow on the ground??

    If money is the main factor I would do a thru-hull and gutted stock box. If not, go straight for the new waterbox.
    thanks for the advice but how does the thru hull with a gutted stock box sounds? and im just already really excited about riding like i said i bought it this week and i just want everything all ready to go before the season starts.

  8. #8
    Sparkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Auckland New Zealand
    Posts
    197
    +1
    6
    Cut the front of the existing water box, cut off 50mm, drill out the baffel and weld it back on.
    Leave it thru the tunnel outlet, you can sneek around and it sound auesome when it opens up.
    Cheap if you can weld Ali.

  9. #9
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by rearviewneons View Post
    thanks for the help, that thing sounds like a beast! how much is it to have that installed beause i know they need to cut through the hull.
    Welcome to the forum.

    Go with the riva waterbox.
    You will be happy!
    Be sure and purchase it here and use the Green HULK discount.

    ---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by rearviewneons View Post
    thanks for the advice but how does the thru hull with a gutted stock box sounds? and im just already really excited about riding like i said i bought it this week and i just want everything all ready to go before the season starts.
    Gutted OEM sounds good but I can tell what you want it too sound like.
    Go with Riva or TDR water box.
    trust me!!!!

    Buy the riva here with no waiting.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Riva water box vs thru hull exhaust
    By C Doo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 05:58 AM
  2. Exhaust/waterbox/dual thru-hull question
    By VX1 in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 05:04 PM
  3. Removing Waterbox with Thru-hull Exhaust Installed
    By JFizzleJR in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 05:18 PM
  4. PPG Power Pipe Vs. Thru Hull Exhaust
    By excess in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 09:35 PM
  5. Thru hull exhaust with short waterbox sound
    By two2curupt in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 07:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •