+1

Separate cooling lines for Ex & IC

Had to remove the engine to find and fix an oil leak.......hopefully, I found it and fixed it!

The engine is about to go back in.........

Now to separate the watercooling lines:

Both T-fittings for cooling water have been eliminated. I got my waterlines layed out and bought some new plumbing items. The main waterline from the pump will go directly to the exhaust manifold. I bought a brass shutoff valve (to replace the plastic one I had installed earlier), and it will be spliced into that line. Its a 3/4" line and will not have a strainer. The bottom water exit line (near the exhaust bell) is a 1/2" line and it will exit the ski at its original outlet. The top water exit line remains intact to the waterbox.

The IC (Riva Re-location kit) will receive cooling water from the venturi, go through a strainer, then to the IC, & exiting at a new outlet I created. I didn't want to drill another hole in the hull.....I was thinking about where to drill.....all the while thinking there has to be another way......I sat there looking in the pump area....where to drill.....top left or top right above the pump.....then all of a sudden, there it was.....the OPAS blockoff!!!

Its so simply even a caveman could do it!

so I removed the inside OPAS blockoff, drilled it for a 45 degree 1/2" fitting. Damn....it looks spiffy. The IC pisser will exit at its original location. Done!

Oh....be sure to attach the waterline to the fitting before you seal it, then seal it with locktite 5900 or similar, attach screws.

***I edited my post to remove my rantings.***
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	233251   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	233252  
    Last edited by 1tommygunner1927; 03-24-2011 at 10:16 AM.

+1
    Nice work Bob!

+1
    Finally!!!!......got the ski on the lake today. The separate cooling lines must work cause I had no alarms or buzzer sounds.

Posted a new best speed for my ski as well: 74.4 mph (gps), but it was on the limiter at 8200+ rpm., on a nearly full tank of last years gasoline. Hole shot has massive cavitation too. I'm certain it has something to do with the wear ring b/c when I started the engine after the install (on the hose), and with a re-pitch impeller, I noticed a bunch of wear ring material on the ground. I'm going to pull the 84mm ring and install an 82mm ring, and measure the impeller to wear ring clearance.
    Weather conditions: Air temp: 75, Water temp: 71, Humidity: 39%, Pressure: 29.82.

Any other suggestions?

+1
    Nice to hear your ski is running bob! Hope you can get everything fixed. I also need to take my ski out to test it.

When you say you ran off the Venturi for the I/C do you mean the Pump outlet that runs to your OPAS...Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
    Nice to hear your ski is running bob! Hope you can get everything fixed. I also need to take my ski out to test it.
    Thanks, Khoa. I installed a new the wear ring and an 82mm ring, and I hope to make it to Somerville later in the day. It should be about 85 degrees today (Friday). If not I'll go tomorrow (Saturday). Sure wouldn't mind the company.......yesterday I had the only ski on the water.....and about 15 or so fishermen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooche View Post
    When you say you ran off the Venturi for the I/C do you mean the Pump outlet that runs to your OPAS...Thanks
    Yes. The venturi has a water line that normally supplies water to the OPAS. I'm using that line to supply cooling water to the IC. I'll take some pics to show how I routed the water lines. Stand by to stand by....this might be a maybe!

That's cool I understand. Just thought there would not be enough water at idle and to much at WOT... Be seems to be working alright

+1
    To be honest, I believe there is none or little water going to the IC at idle. It shouldn't be a problem cause the s/c isn't boosting at that point. Also, I'm using a new strainer on the incoming water and a reduction fitting in the exit line.....the inlet/outlet to/from the IC is 3/4", the reduction fitting is 1/2". Basically, its the same as the stock system as the 2 T-fittings normally used are 3/4" with one prong of each t-fitting having a 1/2" opening to/from the IC.

I do not know what the pressure is.....but at this point it seems to be working well. My only concern at the moment is heat soak.....perhaps not enough water going to the IC when on boost.
    Last edited by 1tommygunner1927; 04-04-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Thread Information