+1

Supercharger Advantage

I have a question that has been in my head and can not find the answer. Obviously the old Kawasaki SC was making somewhere around 90 hp on the 250x and 100 on the 260x. I know they dropped the compression in the engine and just turning the SC drops it some from the extra load so was it actually producing more and the engine setup brought it back down to those ratings? Here lies the real question. How much added HP is this new SC actually producing? If the base engine granted with a higher compression piston and I the few other differences is 160hp is this SC producing the 140 hp over the natural engine and the extra 40 over the 260? The thing that has me wondering all this is, how much hp would this new engine be without the SC and given the alterations that can be made to a n/a engine. They had basically the same engines in the previous years but now the same old n/a is being used which is a great engine but it seems like using the 300 setup in a n/a version could help create Kawasaki a powerful ski to compete with the Yamaha VXR.
    Just things that have been in my head after riding with Jerry this weekend and seeing the way his ski performed. Yamaha has hit a home run with this thing. I have not seen Jerry this truely happy about a ski since his conversion. Also if they were to have a lighter 15F hull with a deck to handle this engine using the lightweight hull design they put into the new Ultra. Then again they have the Ultra hull already over the Coast Guard limits so I wonder if we would ever see that.

+1
    your forgetting the vxr hull had a 1000cc engine then they dropped 1800cc into it, the origanal kawasaki motor is still 1500cc regardless of s/c interanalls as they say have only been beafed up to handle the extra hp.

+1
    I would love to see a new 15F with a modernised deck and bigger na engine! 18F or 20F.

A 15F with the new engine 300 hpwould be a 80mph ski, aint gonna happen.

Most of the internal modifications are to strenghten and make it handle the extra hp so I doubt it would make significantly more hp in na form without exotic fuels and very high comp ratio.

I like your thinking though.

The vxr I believe makes 180hp. This is achievable on the current 15f but I doubt it would have the top end of the vxr. Mr yamaha has made this boat to do radar runs on glass water, thats they are horrible when the going gets tough.

+1
    totally agree as i have had a more than a few hrs on one, feel way too small for my liking, the ski kind of disappears when you stand up
    episode 1, 4 to go

Quote Originally Posted by eel View Post
    Mr yamaha has made this boat to do radar runs on glass water, thats they are horrible when the going gets tough.

+1
    I rode a dead stock vxr and thought it was a killer recreational ski.

However, it went from about 67mph to about 44mph when it encountered the scary waves.

Also, admittedly had stock sponsons etc, the turn in was fookin scary.

+1
    I felt big on the FZR and seeing the size of the VX I would be scared to lean over after being on an Ultra for years. I know it would be tough to get our ski to truely compare to the plastic surrounding a BIG engine called a VXR but it all just got the wheels turning in my head. I have the guru from hamilton jets here with me working on my boat and trying to get a little knowledge from him as far as the pump. I was just hoping that we could have possibly gotten a little more out of our engine since there is really nothing out there without building it in race form. Damn I thought I might have had a legitimate idea.
    Thanks guys. My new one will take care of my need for speed and I will just have old blue for my lazy days.

[QUOTE=eel;1655378]I rode a dead stock vxr and thought it was a killer recreational ski.

However, it went from about 67mph to about 44mph when it encountered the scary waves.

Yeah Denny, pete me mates ski you sorted the head out recently runs well. 15F advanced timing,exhaust,filter pod,prop and it runs 66 mile hr with a 120kg bloke on it. It kept up with my FZS when it was bone stock. Not bad for a 15F. Its a killer ski in the surf, we can ride it faster in chop than my FZS. I really like riding it, a ride plate will help it more too.
    If they put a 1800 or 2ltr in th 15F would be killer.

+1
    Cool mate, glad Pete is happy.

It wouldn't surprise me if Kawi has a new NA ski next yr. They are overdue and are obviously noting the vxr and that new seadoo with electronic brakes, power windows, central heating, 149 function guage, mood sensing nipple tweakers, disco ball, 3 onboard computers and five retractible tow ropes.

The LX is a brilliant tourer, but they need a na sporty ski.

+1

It wouldn't surprise me if Kawi has a new NA ski next yr. They are overdue and are obviously noting the vxr and that new seadoo with electronic brakes, power windows, central heating, 149 function guage, mood sensing nipple tweakers, disco ball, 3 onboard computers and five retractible tow ropes.

I have been trying to type for a few minutes now but laughing too hard and can't. That is so funny

Plus don't forget, cup holders

Thread Information