Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

tiny tach quality

how many of you guys are pleased with your tiny tach and have had no problems quality or rpm reading wise?

im torn between the pet tach and tiny tach, i dont need anything fancy, i probably wont use many of the pet tachs features, i just want to be able to see my r's up top.

should i just grab a tiny tach or get a pet tach and be done with it?

+1
    yes ,stay with the commerical TT..they retail for about $60,I just picked up one from a GH member for $40...they retrieve highest RPM data per trip...there's a cheaper version gives you the RPM reading as you ride, but your gonna have to remember what #s you hit....also the better commerical TT has a 9V plug for a transistor battery to keep the internal battery charged...the cheaper model($40) has a 5 yr internal battery non replacable non chargable....

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    yes ,stay with the commerical TT..they retail for about $60,I just picked up one from a GH member for $40...they retrieve highest RPM data per trip...there's a cheaper version gives you the RPM reading as you ride, but your gonna have to remember what #s you hit....also the better commerical TT has a 9V plug for a transistor battery to keep the internal battery charged...the cheaper model($40) has a 5 yr internal battery non replacable non chargable....
    where does the commercial unit provide a 9V attachment??? provide a link...

http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/commercial.php

This is the new unit i purchased a few weeks ago. I did not see where a 9V is used...

Dave provide links to that unit...just saying...

+1
    so theres no reason to get a pet tach over a commercial tiny tach?

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    A buddy of mine went through 2 tiny tachs in a matter of a few months. They just kept breaking and he had to continue sending them back for repair. Hey may have had 2 from a bad batch or something but I will not buy them after that experience.

Mike, for what your going to use it for, it will be fine... I`ve had one for years, then sold it to get another just to keep record of the amount of hours on the fresh engine and record max rpm for tuning... you can also look on my build thread for all the various mounting methods from up front to in the rear bucket mountings...
    some have had issues, many that i know havent, so I guess it`s all in the way it is exposed or mounted...or just a bad batch as mentioned...
    also some people couldn`t grasp how to set it up and complained, so don`t let that distract you...

Pet tach is a really nice unit. If I had stayed modded and planned on more mods then i would have chosen that one, but for what I need it for it is fine for 73 shipped...

click on the link I provided...

Im waiting for jetdave to provide the link to the 9v battery unit...

+1
    Name:  tac2.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  2.9 KBName:  tac.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  4.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Name:  tac2.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  2.9 KBName:  tac.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  4.0 KB
    what the hell is that Dave??? That`s a mighty nice custom install you have there... that 9v commercial unit is old technology, that`s nothing new, and a PITA to use... I think they stopped making it around 2005 or near that... if you knew what you were buying and weren`t so cheap you`d get the standard commercial tach... good grief, please post accurate info...

+1
    Tiny Tach updates reeeeeeaaaaalllllllllll sloooooooooooowwwwwwwwww

compared to a Pet 2100dx

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    what the hell is that Dave??? That`s a mighty nice custom install you have there... that 9v commercial unit is old technology, that`s nothing new, and a PITA to use... I think they stopped making it around 2005 or near that... if you knew what you were buying and weren`t so cheap you`d get the standard commercial tach... good grief, please post accurate info...
    if it works fine...what do you care...bought it from a realible GH member..should work fine...BTW Andy how's your build coming... think you'll hit 65 this yr?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information