Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    oz_speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    371
    +1
    1

    Help Rotax Racing ECU

    A Friend of mine bought a second hand ski around two years ago and was told it had a few mods done but the mods had been done before the seller got the ski himself so we never really know everything which had been done other than the items we could see.

    Couple of weeks ago the S/C oil let go and filled the engine with oil etc. Engine now scrap as one of the con rods came out of the side of the block.

    He has started to strip the ski for parts to sell on and most of the Riva items have now sold. One of the last things he needs to sell is the ECU. I have attached a photo below.

    Questions

    1, Can anybody give me a link to the spec on the ECU
    2, Cost of the unit new in the UK, also how much would the unit be worth second hand here in the UK.
    3, Do you have to have the units activated like the RIVA units on BUDS and if so how do you get the code. This may not be a problem as he will be selling with MPEM and DESS keys.

    He is going to put it up on eBay and start it at £200.00

    Thanks for any help anybody can give on this.



  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    euxton nr chorley lancashire, england
    Posts
    1,500
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by oz_speed View Post
    A Friend of mine bought a second hand ski around two years ago and was told it had a few mods done but the mods had been done before the seller got the ski himself so we never really know everything which had been done other than the items we could see.

    Couple of weeks ago the S/C oil let go and filled the engine with oil etc. Engine now scrap as one of the con rods came out of the side of the block.

    He has started to strip the ski for parts to sell on and most of the Riva items have now sold. One of the last things he needs to sell is the ECU. I have attached a photo below.

    Questions

    1, Can anybody give me a link to the spec on the ECU
    2, Cost of the unit new in the UK, also how much would the unit be worth second hand here in the UK.
    3, Do you have to have the units activated like the RIVA units on BUDS and if so how do you get the code. This may not be a problem as he will be selling with MPEM and DESS keys.

    He is going to put it up on eBay and start it at £200.00

    Thanks for any help anybody can give on this.

    go to the performance part of this site and look under ecu's you'll find it

  3. #3
    oz_speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    371
    +1
    1
    I have had a look at the performance parts store and other than giving the cost in USD I can not see the spec.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by oz_speed View Post
    I have had a look at the performance parts store and other than giving the cost in USD I can not see the spec.
    Its a 2005 Rotax Racing ECU 8600 rpm

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    290
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by oz_speed View Post
    I have had a look at the performance parts store and other than giving the cost in USD I can not see the spec.
    Dont know if it`s any help but a new Riva pro series ecu of that spec is £925.00, see lineonedist.co.uk website.

  6. #6
    ROTAX RACING performance
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    1,462
    +1
    17
    The ECU is a Rotax Racing stock class ECU ( R3 mapping )

    REV limiter is 8350 RPM

    Can be used on 2004/2005 RXP/RXT

    You can not use the BUDS system with that ECU

  7. #7
    oz_speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    371
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrracing View Post
    The ECU is a Rotax Racing stock class ECU ( R3 mapping )

    REV limiter is 8350 RPM

    Can be used on 2004/2005 RXP/RXT

    You can not use the BUDS system with that ECU
    If you do not use BUDS to activate what do you use?

  8. #8
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by oz_speed View Post
    If you do not use BUDS to activate what do you use?
    Nothing, just plug and play, that ECU will work with any DESS key it doesnt have to be programed, sometimes it will be neccersary to send the ECU and your throttle body to Rotax to have them matched, normally not an issue tho. If you need any help with that stuff MrRacing (Malte) is your man.

    [email protected] thats his email.

  9. #9
    don't forget this one deletes the knock sensor so if you buy cheap gas you'll be sorry i believe have the same one and the rev limiter on my ski is 8600 or 8550 can't remember exactly good bang for the buck tho

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rotax racing ecu without knock control help
    By Greggpru in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-06-2016, 10:05 AM
  2. 04 RXP Rotax Racing ECU help - 8000rpm redline? what gives?
    By boostaholic in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-04-2016, 07:39 PM
  3. Help on Rotax Racing ECU identification
    By TheBernards in forum Sea Doo ECU Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 06:01 PM
  4. Rotax Racing ecu problem -HELP !!!
    By rxpdz in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 04:10 AM
  5. Reflash to newer program for Rotax Racing ECU
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 03:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •