Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

XPS Lubricant or Fluid Film expensive?

Hi, down here in OZ dealers seem to think they can charge rediculous amounts of money for maintenance items in particular oils. Right now I'm paying like $20-25 for one can of xps lube and fluid film is even more expensive, is there anyone that can ship to the AU like a dozen cans of either, that is a competitive price? Are there people who sell it in AU besides dealers? Otherwise it looks like I'm going to have suck it up and deal with it, but you lay out $20k for a ski and they still charge you exorbitant amounts for their services etc etc

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Hey mate im in Aus as well, what i do is just use rp7 to spray down everything then only use LANOX to spray the ski down every 4th time i take it out because it sticks like crazy and dosent wash off!
    Ive also heard of a lot of people using the xps lube every 4th or 5th time with rp7 in between as well as it dosent wash off that quickly otherwise youll get through a can a week in summer!

Your telling me mate, lanox is something I want to steer away from as yes it stinks, and too sticky. Might still be able to get fluid film from a John Deere dealership but still looking into it. Absolutely wrong how they are screwing us over. Want to buy oil and everything from states if I can and service it myself but finding it hard to do with AU prices.

I use Torco PL-50
    Available in Aus

you wont be able to get the oil in as nobody can ship it internationally, so with that your just going to have to put up with the $80 for 4 liters! Dont know about how you will go with the cans of lube though.....

Do you guy have access to CRC 6-56? I have used this on all of my skis and it works well. I cant believe they are charging 20 per can, thats insane!!

Got access to most things like crc, wd40 etc but prefer to use these products If I can, I have nearly went through one can and the skis only 3 weeks old! Can XPS lube be sprayed inside to stop the sc from rusting? As I am getting a fogging kit but don't no how to stop sc corrosion.

you can spray xps lube anywhere! Just use inox to lube the charger and lanox and rp7 to lube the engine! Trust me its not worth the money sticking to the xps lube! Lubricant is lubricant as long as you get all the salt water off the engine and oil it up your ski will be fine! sure its a new ski and your going to baby it now but in a few months time and a couple of hundred worth of lube later you will regret it.....

+1
    whitworths have CRC marine for $15 which is meant to be pretty good (and safe)

Isn't wd40,crc and rp7 petroleum based and therefore harmful to the plastic and rubber parts in the engine bay?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information