+1

SHO hop after mods

Well it's been awhile since I have been able to make anymore changes to my SHO but over the winter I made a few. First I installed the JD intercooler, man what a good looking piece. I also had the R&D R3 reflash performed, Jim's ride plate mod to my stock plate, & installed a Solas 15/22 prop. Now the ski has a top speed of 77.2 mph at 8100 rpm's. The only issue I have is in the upper 60's I am getting some hop that seems to last about 3 - 4 times then it smoothes out again. The other day when my wife and I were riding I was in a mild turn when this happened and the ski started to spin out, I quickly let off throttle and regained but it was a little nerve racking. Do any of you guys have a suggestion as what to do about this hop? I was thinking about aftermarket sponsons to help with the turning but this will not help with the hop I do not think.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    If your going to ride 2 people alot then you can add 30 thousands shims in the back of the plate that will take care of the little bounce you have.

+1
    I have the same condition with only me on it. I will try the shims. I just don't know if I have the condition of the back end slipping out with only me though.
    Thanks Jim.

By the way great plate mod.

have u changed the intake grate?

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

hey jim i have a quest if u mod my stock ride plate would it do the same function as an aftermarket modded 1 or do u reccomend buying an aftermarket 1 ?

+1
    Yes, I have the Riva intake grate.

I think that the modded stock plate is better. I have had both the R&D modded by Jim and now the stock one modded. The stock is much less likely to porpose.

Quote Originally Posted by superair View Post
    Yes, I have the Riva intake grate.

I think that the modded stock plate is better. I have had both the R&D modded by Jim and now the stock one modded. The stock is much less likely to porpose.
    hey sorry i took a while to write bak do u know the speed difference between both ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IamUr Daddy View Post
    hey sorry i took a while to write bak do u know the speed difference between both ?
    With a modded R&D you can expect about a 3.1 mph gain or possibly a tiny bit more. With Jim's modified stock SHO plate, expect a solid 2.7 mph gain. I prefer Jim's modded stocker. Loosens up the ski but it still handles very well and is predictable.

+1
    Ordered the TBM sponsons, expected to be here today. Will try out this weekend and see if the issue is still there, atleast the sliding out issue. I will also try the shims. Thanks, Jim and Jerry.

Thread Information