anyone else put a subwoofer in their ski?

i just finished installing a 6.5" sub in my '09 wakepro and was wondering if anyone else had subs installed and could tell me what parts are going to vibrate so i can dampen them now.

this is the sub i used:
    http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=264-832

great linear movement for a 6.5, and when i bought them (bought four for another project), they were only $40 each. i put it in a PVC enclosure that is sealed up well, so i'm not worried about corrosion on the sub. it is loud in my garage, but i haven't taken it on the water yet. i'll be installing an isolator and second battery this afternoon so that i don't have to worry about running the stereo with the ski off and not being able to start it up. i know most would never consider this because of the added weight, but i got a three seater for comfort and with the x-charger, it's faster than everyone i ride with.

so far the only thing i can hear rattling is the grab handle/seat mount. i was pretty surprised that nothing else is rattling, but i guess they are designed to be in rough water, so BRP doesn't want them sounding like crap.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
    i just finished installing a 6.5" sub in my '09 wakepro and was wondering if anyone else had subs installed and could tell me what parts are going to vibrate so i can dampen them now.

this is the sub i used:
    http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=264-832

great linear movement for a 6.5, and when i bought them (bought four for another project), they were only $40 each. i put it in a PVC enclosure that is sealed up well, so i'm not worried about corrosion on the sub. it is loud in my garage, but i haven't taken it on the water yet. i'll be installing an isolator and second battery this afternoon so that i don't have to worry about running the stereo with the ski off and not being able to start it up. i know most would never consider this because of the added weight, but i got a three seater for comfort and with the x-charger, it's faster than everyone i ride with.

so far the only thing i can hear rattling is the grab handle/seat mount. i was pretty surprised that nothing else is rattling, but i guess they are designed to be in rough water, so BRP doesn't want them sounding like crap.
    Post some pics!

will do once it's all done. can't see the sub, just the PVC pipe since it's facing the rear of the ski back where most people install their intecooler.

Surdyke Yamaha has a sub on their dealership ski, a Yamaha SHO.

well i got around to finishing it up today. the new full range speakers required a little bit of modifications, but they sound so much better and get even louder than the old ones. the second battery is wedged between the styrofoam, the tray is made from angle aluminum that is epoxied to the hull, and i put two big zip ties to help hold the battery to the tray. it shouldn't go anywhere, but i haven't tested it yet. i have a bunch of 4 gauge wire, so i used that for between the two batteries, but it's overkill, since the main battery doesn't even have 4 gauge going to it. the sub enclosure is just a capped off 6" PVC coupler. i wrapped it with a tub mat to keep the hard PVC from rubbing the hull.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(6).JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	234218Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(7).JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	234219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(8).JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	234220Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(9).JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	234221Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(10).JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	234222Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(11).JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	234223Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(12).JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	234224

Thread Information