ultra 150 battery

My 04 ultra 150 is draining the battery while sitting for a week. The battery is new,the key is turned off,and kill switch key is removed.and still battery is run down, once I jump it its good for the week end .Any help would be appritiated.

+1
    I feel your pain. I have this problem with two of my Ultra's. I have had both of them gone over by my local Kawi dealer and found nothing. It has been going on since 03. What I have to do when I am done riding for the weekend it disconnect the battery leads and keep a trickle charger on them while they sit. I haven't had to replace a battery for the last 4 years. I could never find what was drawing power from the battery killing them. Sorry, but I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but that's how I resolved the issue.

I just took a quick look at the wiring diagram in the service manual and the orange ignition switch does not turn off the electrical system. It only turns off the lead to the CDI and the Start button. You have a drain somewhere in the system. I would install one of these inline with the battery lead if you can not find the draw. http://www.amazon.com/US-General-Bat.../dp/B001R6UIBC

DILTS that is what I have been doing but its getting old disconecting/conecting the battery every time I go out.
    Captain thanks for the idea of a battery diconecting switch I just may get one.

Thanks

+1
    I agree it does get old, but i found it's better for me to spend the ten minutes than drive to the lake an hour and a half away to ride and find a battery dead. I looked into those last year, but obviously not enough I couldn't find one that wasn't heavy or to big. I believe the Captian is on to something here.

Thread Information