pump cone do they work????

i was thinking of putting a wet wolf freestyle pump cone on my Raider to get more pop out of the hole....not sure thou becuase i also like to shoot the flats will this impact my top end alot??

the freestyle cone will likely hurt your top end .. think of how a venturi on a garden hose works.. without the larger cone filling up the bowl you will pump more water so the ski will move quicker at low speeds , but because its allowed to escape sooner, not at as much pressure,hence less speed.. the newest generation W/W AAT works great on my gp...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by w/rpm500 View Post
    the newest generation W/W AAT works great on my gp...
    Thats the adjustable one correct? I was thinking about getting one also for my GP1200. So are you getting better low end pop without lossing top speed? Is it a worth while mod?

yes the adjustable.. (mine was a 2nd gen. remachined to the 3rd generation style) once you pick the right puck size (moveable part) you will get both better top and bottom..
    at first the puck is contracted into the unit, thus giving you more water thru the pump..as you come to full water pressure the puck extends back filling the bowl ,closing off bowl area .. this in turn raises the waters velocity out the back..
    there are lots of puck sizes to tune with ,call w/w/bruce directly if your needing others than whats supplyed in the basic kit for your ski..(mods. will affect this choice)

note: the third gen is the better unit .. know that if you ride in lots of weeds or suck sand and shells the unit may clog ( #3 is a less fouling design)

Thread Information