Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polaris parts sources with reasonable shipping rates

Need to order some parts for my ski but dont want to pay and arm and a leg for shipping. Not to bang on parts pit stop, I am certian they are nice folks, but they want almost $15 to ship two plastic check valves, which is almost what the parts cost. What about the other sites, do any of them have good shipping charges? I was going to check them all out but you have to enter all your information before they even show you what the shipping charge is going to be. Thanks.

+1
    try
    Partsland or World of Powesports

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    See if there's anything else you need? That way the shipping cost may be justified?

Banned User
    +1
    Im sure a local Polaris dealer could just get the parts for you

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    See if there's anything else you need? That way the shipping cost may be justified?
    Thanks xlint. Not to sound harsh or mean any offense but its the principle of it. Either sell me the part for a particular cost or tell me your selling me shipping Here is what I found so far:

Parts Pit Stop: Parts cost $15.42, shipping $14.21, total $29.63.

Partsland: Parts cost $18.39, shipping $6.99, total $25.38.

World of Power Sports: Parts cost $18.49, shipping $10.00, total $28.94 and you dont have to sign up to get the shipping cost.

I am going to check with my local Polaris dealer and see if the parts are still available before I order them online and compare.

Note: The parts I am needing are the check valves for the fuel tank vent and they weigh maybe a few ounces lol.

+1
    shipping is getting out of control with thew fuel prices but i think USPS flat rate is still the same

I agree and I get the fuel cost factor however, with exception of the USPS, they are all posting good end of year profits. I ordered some parts from bikebandit a couple years ago and the shipping was crazy. The only reason I bought the parts is because I couldnt get them anywhere else. I just hate it when someone tries to bend you over the barrel and give you a sand & lemon juice enema via shipping charges.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    If you can think of anything else you can order at the same time, that is the best way to amortize shipping charges.

Need anything for a completely different model or brand, or even a different kind of machine (ATV, bike)?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofalltrades View Post
    Thanks xlint. Not to sound harsh or mean any offense but its the principle of it. Either sell me the part for a particular cost or tell me your selling me shipping Here is what I found so far:

Parts Pit Stop: Parts cost $15.42, shipping $14.21, total $29.63.

Partsland: Parts cost $18.39, shipping $6.99, total $25.38.

World of Power Sports: Parts cost $18.49, shipping $10.00, total $28.94 and you dont have to sign up to get the shipping cost.

I am going to check with my local Polaris dealer and see if the parts are still available before I order them online and compare.

Note: The parts I am needing are the check valves for the fuel tank vent and they weigh maybe a few ounces lol.
    I'm with you, but companies have to charge for the packaging materials, labor to package your stuff, and the actual shipping.

That's why it's best to try and get multiple parts to make S&H worth it.

I spent $60 to overnight a single piston kit that ran $90. What other choice did I have???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofalltrades View Post

First off, contact John Zigler and see what he can do for you. John has really nice used parts and very fair prices on new. Maybe he can help.

If World of Powersports is your primary option I may be able to help. I live about 5 miles from them. I don't know what walk-in-the-door price would be for those parts, maybe it's the same as the web or possibly less. But, I could check and if it's cheaper we could work out something.

KJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information