+1

Powershot Questions

I wasn't planning on doing any ECU mods or anything that changed the engine parameters, but now I'm considering it. Damn site is making me spend my money!

1. Does the Powershot raise the rev limiter?
    2. What kind of gains would I see with a powershot and the FZR mods in my sig?
    3. Is it "plug-and-play?"
    4. Is there anything else I would need to get for it to work? (I've seen some say use an AFR gauge, and others say it's not really necessary with the level of mods I have, only with bigger wheel, injectors, etc)

Thanks,
    Dave

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    REFLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With what you have the powershot wont do much to help you on stock boost. The extra RPM from a reflash is what your really gonna notice. (And timing depending on which tune you go with if any)

+1
    Ok, that was the main thing I was wondering was if the Powershot raised the RPM's..I guess not. The reflash is like $750 ($675 with GH discount) though...more than I'm willing to spend right now. Is R&D the only place that does reflashes on them?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    Ok, that was the main thing I was wondering was if the Powershot raised the RPM's..I guess not. The reflash is like $750 ($675 with GH discount) though...more than I'm willing to spend right now. Is R&D the only place that does reflashes on them?
    Yea, the PS wont do much for you on stock boost. Eric Simon used to do flashing. But he has since left the game, which is a bummer. So as of now R&D is it for the reflashes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    I wasn't planning on doing any ECU mods or anything that changed the engine parameters, but now I'm considering it. Damn site is making me spend my money!

1. Does the Powershot raise the rev limiter?
    2. What kind of gains would I see with a powershot and the FZR mods in my sig?
    3. Is it "plug-and-play?"
    4. Is there anything else I would need to get for it to work? (I've seen some say use an AFR gauge, and others say it's not really necessary with the level of mods I have, only with bigger wheel, injectors, etc)

Thanks,
    Dave
    Used with a stock ECU the PS will raise the boost limiter to 10psi but won't change the rev limit. With your current mods it'll give you about 1psi boost & maybe 1mph at most if you have enough impeller pitch to keep you off the 7750 limiter. The biggest limitation of the stock ECU is to get max performance you need to be close to the rev limit without going over & that's real hard to maintain with changes in weather. I'm with JT, go reflash. It's a lot more bang for the buck & you won't need the PS if you don't run an aftermarket SC wheel or upgraded intercooler.

Thread Information