Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rxp wont start

rxp wont start

ok i am new to the see doo world i have a 2005 rxp it works awesome but i left it set for a bout two weeks went to start it and it does not even beep i mean nothing i have a new battery but i can hear a click click noise i checked the fuses in the front but they r good what else could it be is my post gone or did my layerd loose its memery aney help would be great guyes thanks

+1
    Does the display power on? Do you hear a click when you hit the start/stop button? If so, then your starter relay is bad and needs to be replaced! Fill us in with the other information to better help you.

+1
    check, and (remove & clean) the 2 main red wires on the brown selenoid next to the MPEM

Try charging it mine did the same thing. oh and welcome to GH it's a great site you will soon find out!!!!!

+1
    I had this issue a few years back, turned out to be the starter needed to disassembled and cleaned. Lasted a little while before I had to replace it.

+1
    Having a click sound is a good sign you dont have a mempem problem or ecu issue. sounds like either a starter or the relay I had a issue that it would not do anything ending up being a tps/ecu problem

+1
    +1 on starter relay.. been there.. click click, $30 and new starter relay and started right up.. you could also test to see if it is a bad starter relay by touching or making the two terminals on the relay touch using a rubber or plastic handled screw driver.. with the key in and lay the screw driver to connect the two and if the ski starts then its a bad starter relay
    TJ

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPteamtimebomb View Post
    +1 on starter relay.. been there.. click click, $30 and new starter relay and started right up.. you could also test to see if it is a bad starter relay by touching or making the two terminals on the relay touch using a rubber or plastic handled screw driver.. with the key in and lay the screw driver to connect the two and if the ski starts then its a bad starter relay
    TJ
    +2. Mine did same thing. It should be the brown plastic box next to all the fuses closer to the gas tank that has two red cables attached to it.

I tested mine by removing both red cables and putting the key on... Then I touched the two wires together and the motor turned over. You can also try to jump across the connections if you know how..(explained in the above post).... This is how I found mine was bad.

had the same problem on my rxt it was the starter relay

ok guyes thanks i will try all of the stuff you guys said to try but when i put the key in i get nothing on the dash it dont beep at all and dont come on just tell me what ya need to know i will be happy to tell ya what ever and thanks again

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information