Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is a EMM?

What is a EMM?

Dealer said my 05 RXP may need an EMM. Does anyone know what and how much it cost?

Banned User
    +1
    mpem?

They said EMM but I have no idea what that is I know we have a mpem. Maybe I heard wrong call him back on Monday! And let u guys know. I was having problems with it nor wanting to start tried a few different things. Had a blank screen so I was told the ECU went bad so I installed one I purchased here in the forum and now I get something. Still didn't start but least I know I also have a bad starter relay. Anyways new ECU battery, and relay and now a new problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector_750 View Post
    They said EMM but I have no idea what that is I know we have a mpem. Maybe I heard wrong call him back on Monday! And let u guys know. I was having problems with it nor wanting to start tried a few different things. Had a blank screen so I was told the ECU went bad so I installed one I purchased here in the forum and now I get something. Still didn't start but least I know I also have a bad starter relay. Anyways new ECU battery, and relay and now a new problem.
    Maybe they meant ECM? It's another reference to the ECU.

Probably if that's the case where is it located? And is it a part that I can just swap out like I did the ECU?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector_750 View Post
    Probably if that's the case where is it located? And is it a part that I can just swap out like I did the ECU?
    MPEM is the fuse box up front. It's on the opposite side of the ski that the battery is on.

ECM is the ECU...Mounted on the intake manifold.

When you call Monday to ask the dealer to clarify what they are talking about you should also ask why they think you need to replace the part.

mechanic wasnt in today have to wait till tomorrow!! but lady which aint a mechanic just pushes papers said he left a note that he couldnt communicate with the ecu?? I just replaced it before I took it in. (quick follow up) When I plug in the dess key I would get a blank Screen no beeps, nothing! dess post was replaced by dealer and key programmed, still nothing told I needed an ECU! Replaced it. Oh also with the old ecu i tried to bypass the starter relay and nothing not a click!! Note it has a new battery! Then when i recived the other ECU which i purchased from a member here on GH. (Which came off a RXT same year) I installed it and I now have Seadoo coming up on the Screen and the mode button works I can scroll thru the modes, but still no chirping! SO.. I tried the bypassing the Selenoid agiain and this time it worked it wanted to fire up! but since its time for a service i took it in and explained to the guy to put it on the BUDS and turn on the VTS as I was informed to do so here on GH. and go ahead and do an oil change! And now shes telling me he left a note that there is no communication with the ecu?? WTH is going on! I will inform you some more tomorrow after i talk to him Im really not trying to spend a fortune so the more help I can get the more I can Save!

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like a harness fault!
    Check the harness on the front right corner of the engine( between intake manifold and ski wall).Sometimes the harness get damaged in this point because of abrasion with the ski wall!Check also the grounds next to the front engine mount!

+1
    check all the pins on the ecu sometime they get corroded clean carefully if needed then use dielectric grease lightly smeared on the plugs befor putting together ---if i am right communation goes from ecu to mepm to guage cluster that being said it maybe your mepm or GC take them the old ecu and see what comes up on buds for that or buy a candoo pro for 399.00 and cut out the stealership

What about the chirping sound? How come I'm not getting any sound but all the displays are showing up? With the old ECU I had one long beep and a blank screen. With the new ECU everything shows up Fine but no beeps?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information