Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

the "Right Stuff"?

I tried searching for the sealant "right stuff"....but with those two words, you can imagine how many results i get So my question is where do yall buy right stuff sealant from? Local stoeres have it??
    Isnt this the popular sealant for reinstalling the rideplates and greates? Ive always used thick gasket maker stuff from auto parts stores and never had a problem. But im wondering if this stuff is more appropriate, and why?
    I noticed that my gasket maker stuff is less dense compared to the oem sealant. I want something that drys harder like that.

Thanks,
    sean

+1
    I have seen the right stuff at Advance Auto parts.

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    autozone too. made by permitex

+1
    It's the best stuff! Very flexible & strong! It stretches like rubber when fully cured.

http://www.google.com/search?q=the+r...ient=firefox-a

Ultra black was the original sealant used by seadoo and works great for the ride plates and grates. i think the right stuff is ultra black in a cheese wiz container, makes it easier to apply.

Search Permatex Right stuff

+1
    I had a problem with the "Right Stuff" the last time I used it on a rideplate. It would not set up at all. I have used Ultra Black before and went back to using it. No more problems now. Besides Ultra Black is cheaper and seems to work better for me. It may have been a bad batch of rightstuff, but it was a PITA since it was a rideplate I had to redo.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    I had a problem with the "Right Stuff" the last time I used it on a rideplate. It would not set up at all. I have used Ultra Black before and went back to using it. No more problems now. Besides Ultra Black is cheaper and seems to work better for me. It may have been a bad batch of rightstuff, but it was a PITA since it was a rideplate I had to redo.
    I guess that would have made for a bad day, cleaning all that back up must have been fun!! I used the "Great Stuff" the last time I pulled the plate without any issues. I may try the Ultra Black next time to save on expense, thanks JP.

Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    I tried searching for the sealant "right stuff"....but with those two words, you can imagine how many results i get So my question is where do yall buy right stuff sealant from? Local stoeres have it??
    Isnt this the popular sealant for reinstalling the rideplates and greates? Ive always used thick gasket maker stuff from auto parts stores and never had a problem. But im wondering if this stuff is more appropriate, and why?
    I noticed that my gasket maker stuff is less dense compared to the oem sealant. I want something that drys harder like that.

Thanks,
    sean
    Sean, I get mine from O'rielly's in Santa Barbara. It is made by Permatex. Permatex makes a lot of products. The one your looking for is Part # 85144. This Part # is in "Gray" color. They come in Black too. I can post back later for the Part # as it in the shop right now and I am at home. I have rebuilt a lot of engines and this is what I use. There is a lot more better stuff out there, but the price is overkill. The "Right Stuff" fits the everyday normal guy's "Budget". I have re-built a lot of engines on the side and not one of them came back with a "leak" both oil or anti-freeze. Get the one in the picture attached because the change the design in the can. You can now dispense the product and save the rest by screwing the nozzel in, so you can use it later on without drying the whole can. I paid about $ 14.00 per can, but it's all worth it. BTW, It comes in "PinK" color too, But you have to PM Nils from RUDE Performance, He carries it in stock
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3759.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	233741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3748.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	233742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3753.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	233743   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3751.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	233744   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3754.jpg 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	233745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3755.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	233746  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3752.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	233747   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3749.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	233748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3750.jpg 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	233749  

Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    You live in Florida, You have Humid weather Big Time. wipe all surface with Lacquer Thinner, pre-heat the surface to be applied on. apply the product. warm it up with a heater and call it good. Trust me, I worked long enough with this product and I know how it works The first minute is the critical part. The new ones now have a window of 1 min. You have to work fast and cut down on the "Beer" break to make it work the Right Way

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information