Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Extra bilge pump?

Has anyone put an extra bilge pump on their rxp? Thought it might be a good idea to put on a large bilge pump in case the carbon seal goes again?
    Would this work...thought it might give me enough time to make it to shore at least...any ideas.

+1
    I put a Atwood 1100GPH auto bilge pump between the waterbox and pump tunnel. I just used 5200 fast cure and glued the strainer down. Waited about week than installed the pump, wiring, and thru hull. Here are a couple pics for you. I wasn't trying to take pics of the pump bilge install, so they are not great. You can barely see the strainer in one pic, but you get a idea, tho.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6090002.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	233737   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010086.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	233735   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3220027.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	233736  

Thanks for the reply & the pics...I'm going to look into buying the same one you have. Do you think it would pump enough water out if the carbon seal went? Sound like it would.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    Thanks for the reply & the pics...I'm going to look into buying the same one you have. Do you think it would pump enough water out if the carbon seal went? Sound like it would.
    Should give you enough time to run to shore. I put the output for the bilge where I could see it when its running. I run VersiPlugs, too. They are like duckbill drains.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    I run two 500gph pumps and versiplugs as well. Still have the stock siphon bailers too. One of my buddies was ragging on me for having all that stuff but quickly shut up when i had to tow his sinking RXT back to the ramp.

+1
    Yea, Once you get enough water in the hull the ski will just cavitate and not move. Atleast with a good bilge pump set up and versiplugs you have a good chance of getting the ski somewhere before you injest water and/or sink.

+1
    I think there was a thread or sticky on this. I have a 500 in now and will prolly put a 800 auto in as well.

+1
    I just finished adding a 500 gpm bilge to mine. I thought about the bigger 1200 but I figured if that much water is coming in...I'm probably fugged anyhow. Set up with a 3 position switch inside the glove box, OFF, Auto(with a solid state switch) and manual . The worse part was putting a hole on the side of the ski. Measured 50 times and cut once. The outlet is somewhat hidden between the gap on the rear handle.

+1
    I installed on last summer. If you get one spend the extra money and get the 500 PWC model. It cycles on every couple seconds to detect water. Its more money but worth it. Most people place the outlets on either side of the center rear tow hook. For pump placement I've seen them mounted on either side of the tunnel or on either side back near the drain plugs. Ill snap some pics tonight.

+1
    Just did this to my ski this weekend. I thought about the "What ifs" and it gives me alittle piece of mind knowing that I have some sort of backup in case I take on water. I got the Rule Auto 500 in mine and I hope it will be enough if I ever have to use it. I got a 3 way switch up front of the handle bars where I can get to it but I will leave it in auto. I also have it wired straight to the battery so I do not have to have the key in for it to work. This way if it takes on water whille I am not on the ski it will run. Still got to put the outlet on though. I think I will be putting it somewhere on the back upper half of the ski. I will just have to take the hose off if I ever want to work in the engine bay. Alittle peice of mine for alittle money that is well worth it IMHO.
    Last edited by mini73; 03-28-2011 at 07:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information