Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7

    Just bought a Challenger SE need some advise/info

    Hi all, I just bought a new Challenger SE 255 HP. Waiting now for the ice to melt. I was wondering what performance mods everyone is dooing if any and I want to add some tower speakers and an amp looking for info on that as well.

    Thanks


  2. #2
    Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Atl
    Posts
    3,561
    +1
    578
    Careful on the amp and tower speakers...Make sure the amp doesnt require more amps than the charging system can put out...You will never charge the battery and will always kill the battery...I have a guy that is doing that right now with the Speedster 200 I built....

  3. #3
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,591
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by logans runner View Post
    ... I want to add some tower speakers and an amp looking for info on that as well...
    Welcome to the Hulk

    Regarding electrical power for that amplifier, read up on how to install a second battery and a battery combiner. This will keep the starting battery strong while you listen to your tunes.

  4. #4
    TheElite0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    383
    +1
    20
    Great choice in boats. I have the same one. I installed a 2nd battery right next to the original battery. Works great.

    As far as performance mods... Don't get to crazy. If you want speed buy a jet ski. Stock the boat will get you around 50mph. You could spends $5k+ and you would still only be at 56mph. Just enjoy the boat!

  5. #5
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks guys, great to hear about the top end, I thought it was aroung the 42 mph mark i would be pleased with 50 give or take ( I have a hard time leaving things stock) Great idea on the dual battery combo I guess that there are marine grade battery splitters available? Any ideas on a supplier?

  6. #6
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,591
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by logans runner View Post
    ... Great idea on the dual battery combo I guess that there are marine grade battery splitters available? Any ideas on a supplier?
    Search is your friend

    Use a Battery Combiner to recharge dual batteries automatically

    If you want to power heavy electrical loads with...

    Dual batteries, battery combiner - options for powering a radio or music player

    A dual battery system could be installed, which eliminates the concern about not being able to start the engine if the 'music battery' is drained. Using a battery combiner device, both batteries would be automatically recharged when the engine is running.

    A combiner only connects the two batteries together when the charging system voltage is above 13.x volts. So when the engine is not running, the 12.x volt batteries are automatically separated.

    When the engine is running, the alternator output rises above 13 volts, the batteries are linked, and the system charges both, with the battery needing more recharging getting the bulk of the recharge current. Many combiners include a built-in time delay feature, so that they do not 'chatter' if the voltage is wobbling right around the 13 volt level.

    A battery combiner has simple connections. One red wire to each battery, black wire to ground. Connect the music device directly (through a fuse) to the 'secondary' battery, and leave everything else connected as per normal to the 'main' or 'start' battery.

    Charles Industries 'Intelligent Battery Combiner'

  7. #7
    TheElite0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    383
    +1
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by logans runner View Post
    Thanks guys, great to hear about the top end, I thought it was aroung the 42 mph mark i would be pleased with 50 give or take ( I have a hard time leaving things stock) Great idea on the dual battery combo I guess that there are marine grade battery splitters available? Any ideas on a supplier?
    I bought this.

    http://www.amazon.com/Guest-2110A-Al.../dp/B000NI38BW



    fits in the factory location. No need to drill new holes.

  8. #8
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks again guys. Will be adding the battery and combiner. Still getting used to the site and seaches etc so bear with the new b..

    Elite one you gave me a vacation from the snow with the link to your trip. Looks like a blast well done!!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    TheElite0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    383
    +1
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by logans runner View Post
    Thanks again guys. Will be adding the battery and combiner. Still getting used to the site and seaches etc so bear with the new b..

    Elite one you gave me a vacation from the snow with the link to your trip. Looks like a blast well done!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here's two more links. The Caloosahatchee trip was done with the Challenger

    Miami to Bimini - New Footage Remix - Tampa Bay SeaDoo Crew


    Caloosahatchee River Domination - Tampa Bay SeaDoo Crew

  10. #10
    Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Atl
    Posts
    3,561
    +1
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk

    Regarding electrical power for that amplifier, read up on how to install a second battery and a battery combiner. This will keep the starting battery strong while you listen to your tunes.
    A dual battery setup wont do you any good if the stator isnt putting out enough amps!!!! Doesnt matter how many Volts you have, its the AMPS that kill the battery!!!!
    Last edited by Tiny; 04-01-2011 at 09:49 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need some advise please
    By john42 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2013, 11:06 AM
  2. JUST brought home my new 2012 Yamaha FZS... Need some advise!
    By 1_fastFZS in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 08:07 PM
  3. need some advise on new ski
    By mksmi in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 06:45 PM
  4. Just bought an 06 RXP, need some advice!
    By NeverEndn in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 12:20 AM
  5. have anyone try skat-trak 4 blades 10/21? need some advise!
    By novice_4 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •