Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User

Just bought a Challenger SE need some advise/info

Hi all, I just bought a new Challenger SE 255 HP. Waiting now for the ice to melt. I was wondering what performance mods everyone is dooing if any and I want to add some tower speakers and an amp looking for info on that as well.

Thanks

+1
    Careful on the amp and tower speakers...Make sure the amp doesnt require more amps than the charging system can put out...You will never charge the battery and will always kill the battery...I have a guy that is doing that right now with the Speedster 200 I built....

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by logans runner View Post
    ... I want to add some tower speakers and an amp looking for info on that as well...
    Welcome to the Hulk

Regarding electrical power for that amplifier, read up on how to install a second battery and a battery combiner. This will keep the starting battery strong while you listen to your tunes.

+1
    Great choice in boats. I have the same one. I installed a 2nd battery right next to the original battery. Works great.

As far as performance mods... Don't get to crazy. If you want speed buy a jet ski. Stock the boat will get you around 50mph. You could spends $5k+ and you would still only be at 56mph. Just enjoy the boat!

Banned User
    Thanks guys, great to hear about the top end, I thought it was aroung the 42 mph mark i would be pleased with 50 give or take ( I have a hard time leaving things stock) Great idea on the dual battery combo I guess that there are marine grade battery splitters available? Any ideas on a supplier?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... Great idea on the dual battery combo I guess that there are marine grade battery splitters available? Any ideas on a supplier?
    Search is your friend

Use a Battery Combiner to recharge dual batteries automatically

If you want to power heavy electrical loads with...

Dual batteries, battery combiner - options for powering a radio or music player

A dual battery system could be installed, which eliminates the concern about not being able to start the engine if the 'music battery' is drained. Using a battery combiner device, both batteries would be automatically recharged when the engine is running.

A combiner only connects the two batteries together when the charging system voltage is above 13.x volts. So when the engine is not running, the 12.x volt batteries are automatically separated.

When the engine is running, the alternator output rises above 13 volts, the batteries are linked, and the system charges both, with the battery needing more recharging getting the bulk of the recharge current. Many combiners include a built-in time delay feature, so that they do not 'chatter' if the voltage is wobbling right around the 13 volt level.

A battery combiner has simple connections. One red wire to each battery, black wire to ground. Connect the music device directly (through a fuse) to the 'secondary' battery, and leave everything else connected as per normal to the 'main' or 'start' battery.

Charles Industries 'Intelligent Battery Combiner'

+1
    Thanks guys, great to hear about the top end, I thought it was aroung the 42 mph mark i would be pleased with 50 give or take ( I have a hard time leaving things stock) Great idea on the dual battery combo I guess that there are marine grade battery splitters available? Any ideas on a supplier?
    I bought this.

http://www.amazon.com/Guest-2110A-Al.../dp/B000NI38BW

fits in the factory location. No need to drill new holes.

Banned User
    Thanks again guys. Will be adding the battery and combiner. Still getting used to the site and seaches etc so bear with the new b..

Elite one you gave me a vacation from the snow with the link to your trip. Looks like a blast well done!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    Thanks again guys. Will be adding the battery and combiner. Still getting used to the site and seaches etc so bear with the new b..

Elite one you gave me a vacation from the snow with the link to your trip. Looks like a blast well done!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here's two more links. The Caloosahatchee trip was done with the Challenger

Miami to Bimini - New Footage Remix - Tampa Bay SeaDoo Crew

Caloosahatchee River Domination - Tampa Bay SeaDoo Crew

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk

Regarding electrical power for that amplifier, read up on how to install a second battery and a battery combiner. This will keep the starting battery strong while you listen to your tunes.
    A dual battery setup wont do you any good if the stator isnt putting out enough amps!!!! Doesnt matter how many Volts you have, its the AMPS that kill the battery!!!!
    Last edited by Tiny; 04-01-2011 at 09:49 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information