Lightbulb 1992 sl 650 - cooling flush ?

What is the best way to flush the cooling out.......? is there anything i can do to help make my ski run cooler, have engine out of ski for piston replacement and other things......

would bigger hole in head gasket help more water move threw it...? do they make tee handles for the carb adjusters ........?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Is your engine overheating?

at one point it did but that was because it was dirty cooling system after i cleaned it but looks like there is some white stuff on side of cooling walls and i have block out of ski just wondering if there was something i could put down them to clean out , i guess i could just use a soft brush to clean out as much as can see......just wanted to know if i could make it run little cooler some how.........?

+1
    1992 Fuji engine

That year has the extra cooling system loop through the crank case. Is/was there sand/gunk clogging up the lower regions of the cooling jackets?

one point be for i cleaned it out.........?

would bigger hole in head gasket help more water move threw it...? do they make tee handles for the carb adjusters ........? and would the bigger holes in the gaskets doe anything.........?

Quote Originally Posted by jk0420 View Post
    would bigger hole in head gasket help more water move threw it...? do they make tee handles for the carb adjusters ........? and would the bigger holes in the gaskets doe anything.........?
    I wouldn't mod the gasket, if you want it to run cooler get rid of the thermostat and bypass.
    They make T handles for the low speed adjusters only, the high speed adjusters are supposed to have limiting caps on them to prevent over adjustments or accidental adjustments.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Yes a bigger hole WOULD flow more water, but you shouldn't need it. If you do, there's a problem somewhere.

You can always drill and install a SS roll pin through the adjustment screws to make it easy, but why are you needing to adjust your carbs that often that you would want to add that?

Lightbulb

what do u mean bypass and how do i do that......?

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

i dont adjust my carbs that often just kind hard to get to when need to out on lake........

what is a Carburetor Pop-Off Gauge for and would this help me adjust my carbs to what they should be. or should i go of book and just work from there.......?

+1
    what do u mean bypass and how do i do that?...
    Inside the thermostat housing is the thermostat itself, and a spring loaded pressure release bypass valve.

At high RPM the water pressure from the jet pump increases and pushes the bypass valve open, allowing more cooling water to flow. If the valve gets jammed or stuck closed it will reduce water flow at high speeds.

At low RPM the thermostat controls water flow to maintain an even engine temperature of around 143F.

What some guys do is remove either or both parts from the thermostat housing. Now the water flow is directly linked to engine RPM without any restrictions.

Thread Information