Issue after Carbon seal repair on 2004 GTX-SC

Just want to pick some brains on here. My SKI has been great till last riding season.

Basically was out riding last season, BOOM, POW Surprise... Ski is going no where, awful vibration, taking in water (thank GOD for my bilge) Was able to limp it to a marina where a friend picked me up with his spare trailer.

Get home, Motor mount broke, which in turn destroyed the carbon seal etc.

So I replace said mount, while I'm at it, carbon seal, rubber boot, wear ring, freshened impeller. Get everything back together, change oil... Go out riding, I was good, getting 63MPH was out for about 2 hours, then POW!! Same thing... except my motor mount isn't broken... This time I was taking in serious amount of water, to the point I thought I was gonna be swimming for it again. Bilge and a friend got me to another marina so I could pick my ski up. Put it away and said F it... before I send it out or get elbows deep, anyone had this happen to them? Just wondering if I slacked somewhere, or maybe something is creating this failure on my behalf? I mean 2 hours out and it was like a repeat of what happened before. Now that it's starting to warm up, I'm gonna get out there and start poking around, but I'm just baffled.

+1
    did you check your alignment?

Did you replace all your mounts. Usually if one is broken the others are on there way out too, especially on the older skis. Seadoo updated there mounts 05 or 06.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
    did you check your alignment?
    When you replace your motor mounts you also have to check your alignment to make sure it's good. Your other mounts are probably in bad shape aswell and sagging making the engine to be unaligned. By checking your alignment you will find that out.

did not check my alignment. Damn. Alright... will be checking all mounts and alignment. I know this is a stupid question, but is there a procedure etc? Thanks for all the responses. I'm mechanically inclined, but still wet behind the ears when it comes to the Ski's.

+1
    Change the c- clip out. They do actually wear enough
    To come out easier. I even had to replace a drive shaft once, because the groove was worn to much, and the stainless ring would wobble, causing cavitation.

Thread Information