Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

any pics of the Honda turbo ski?

Anyone have any pics of the dif models of ski`s with the turbo, and what are there differences?...Thanks...PR...

+1
    You only need to find a picture of one. They all look the same with different graphics. I heard a rumour they might even get out of the business.

Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT View Post
    You only need to find a picture of one. They all look the same with different graphics. I heard a rumour they might even get out of the business.
    Seriously, no more Honda Turbo ski?...PR...

+1
    What pics do you need? The engines are for all intensive purposes identical in the turbo models. The non-turbo variant changed a good bit in 2005.

a dealer website, some ski pics, any info on the Honda Turbo...PR...

I build Horsepower
    +1
    2-seater

3-seater

+1
    Andy; Honda makes a 3 passenger non turbo ski (F-12) A 165 hp turbo 3 passenger (F-12X) and a turbo 2 place ski (R-12X). The F-12's are about the wetest skis made. Even in slightly choppy water the rider gets soaked. The 2 passanger R-12X is a dry riding ski that can turn on a dime with the lever type drop nozzle trim system it comes with. On the downside, it has next to no storage space. Neither turbo ski is what I'd call fast. They take a while to spool up and top out in the high 50's to low 60's. The non turbo model will blow the turbo away from a dig, but gets passed soon afterwards. The Hondas are not as problem free as they would have you think. They have problems with stress cracks and gel coat blistering. The engines had problems with everything from fuel diluting the oil to complete engine failures. The only model I liked was the now discontinued non turbo R-12. It had great fuel economy and was one of the better 4-strokes for jumping ocean swells. The instant throttle response made it better at jumping than the same ski with the turbo.

Knowing how you like speed, I don't think you would be happy with any of the current Hondas. If they don't discontinue them completely, maybe they will come out with new models next year. They are way over due for changes. The F-12's came out in 2002.

Richard

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    I enjoy riding the honda for a change of pace, but i'd never own one. You get hammered in the chop, and it's got no balls down low and leaves ALOT to be desired for top end in stock form... the r12 is worse than a snapper bobber on a fishing pole in the chop, and the f12 is a wetter ride than getting dragged on a tube.

and they aren't as fuel economical as one may think.... sure at cruising speeds they run forever on a tank of gas, but to keep up with your buddies on 4-tecs you WILL drain a full tank quicker than an RXP or RXT while you're trying to hang with them

comparing "similar" machines.. Honda f12 turbo vs kawi 15F .... i'd take the kawi in a HEARTBEAT

Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    Andy; Honda makes a 3 passenger non turbo ski (F-12) A 165 hp turbo 3 passenger (F-12X) and a turbo 2 place ski (R-12X). The F-12's are about the wetest skis made. Even in slightly choppy water the rider gets soaked. The 2 passanger R-12X is a dry riding ski that can turn on a dime with the lever type drop nozzle trim system it comes with. On the downside, it has next to no storage space. Neither turbo ski is what I'd call fast. They take a while to spool up and top out in the high 50's to low 60's. The non turbo model will blow the turbo away from a dig, but gets passed soon afterwards. The Hondas are not as problem free as they would have you think. They have problems with stress cracks and gel coat blistering. The engines had problems with everything from fuel diluting the oil to complete engine failures. The only model I liked was the now discontinued non turbo R-12. It had great fuel economy and was one of the better 4-strokes for jumping ocean swells. The instant throttle response made it better at jumping than the same ski with the turbo.

Knowing how you like speed, I don't think you would be happy with any of the current Hondas. If they don't discontinue them completely, maybe they will come out with new models next year. They are way over due for changes. The F-12's came out in 2002.

Richard
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    I enjoy riding the honda for a change of pace, but i'd never own one. You get hammered in the chop, and it's got no balls down low and leaves ALOT to be desired for top end in stock form... the r12 is worse than a snapper bobber on a fishing pole in the chop, and the f12 is a wetter ride than getting dragged on a tube.

and they aren't as fuel economical as one may think.... sure at cruising speeds they run forever on a tank of gas, but to keep up with your buddies on 4-tecs you WILL drain a full tank quicker than an RXP or RXT while you're trying to hang with them

comparing "similar" machines.. Honda f12 turbo vs kawi 15F .... i'd take the kawi in a HEARTBEAT
    Wow! I just learned alot right here. Damn, I thought Honda was the most reliable, I also thought their crafstmanship to be very well put together...PR...Thanks Guys!...

I build Horsepower
    +1
    PR, hmm,,

There’s your picture’s you asked for.

i get 6.8-7.5 MPG @ 53 and can GPS over 70 (not stock) . as for dependability after 4 years of moderating a Honda forum I’ve not seen a high failure rate. In fact, most the talk is about subjects like storage care and PM maintenance to preform.

Build quality is the best out there, Just, go compare them in the showroom and you'll see for yourself.

shawn

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information