Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,438
    +1
    1

    Look what the mailman dropped off...

    Just got in today

    I was wondering if I can polish or sand down the inlets of the intercooler. As you can see they are pretty rough and Im thinking airflow will be restricted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00772.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	10826   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00774.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	10827   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00778.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	10828  


  2. #2
    sleeplessnMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Waveland,MS
    Posts
    1,943
    I dont see why ya couldnt clean it up a bit BUT make sure to get all the trash out....

  3. #3
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,438
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessnMS View Post
    I dont see why ya couldnt clean it up a bit BUT make sure to get all the trash out....
    That's what worries me....

    Any reccomendations...?

  4. #4
    Moderator The Bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wilmette, IL
    Posts
    8,373
    I wouldnt mess with it. you dont want that crap falling in the cores. The inlet and outlet are big enough to make up for rough edges.

  5. #5
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,062
    +1
    790
    All I can say is you better get ready for a big smile on your face.
    I tested my XS last week and WOW!!!! Is all I have to say..

    .

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Salinas CA
    Posts
    451

    Lightbulb

    Hook up a shop vac hose from the outlet/exhaust side. Plug it onto the outlet on one side of the XS and let the air blow the crap out of the port while your cleaning it.
    This way nothing will enter the cooler and your risk of debris is not a problem. Make sure and wear safety glasses

  7. #7
    Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Stockton, CA
    Posts
    2,677
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    ...I tested my XS last week and WOW!!!! Is all I have to say..
    I agree, best bang for the buck... well, except for filling the ride plate holes

  8. #8
    Geo: if your handy with a dremel or rotary file, you can smooth out them rough spots, then finish it off with wet/dry sandpaper if you want. The shop vac in reverse sounds like a good idea...PR...

  9. #9
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,438
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Geo: if your handy with a dremel or rotary file, you can smooth out them rough spots, then finish it off with wet/dry sandpaper if you want. The shop vac in reverse sounds like a good idea...PR...
    Sure does!...

  10. #10
    Connecticut CrazyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT.
    Posts
    8,134
    +1
    1,050
    Quote Originally Posted by green monster View Post
    Hook up a shop vac hose from the outlet/exhaust side. Plug it onto the outlet on one side of the XS and let the air blow the crap out of the port while your cleaning it.
    This way nothing will enter the cooler and your risk of debris is not a problem. Make sure and wear safety glasses
    Very good idea!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LOOK WHAT THE WOOD JUST BOUGHT...................
    By WATER WOODY in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 01:52 PM
  2. whats the correct pop off pressure?
    By la90043 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 05:14 PM
  3. Look what the Iowa boys sent me.
    By StLRivRat in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 01:40 AM
  4. Look what the 08' SUPER DUTY just got!
    By WATER WOODY in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 07:48 AM
  5. Look what the FedEx Fairy brought me!
    By Yuji in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •