Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

2 stroke oil amsoil vs. lucas

has anyone used lucas land & sea oil ????????? its easier for me to get lucas the amsoil, i'm useing amsoil in my GSXLTD now , anyone ?????????

Talking

In my opinion keep using the ams oil

+1
    thanks !!

between those 2 choices, def the Amsoil...
    Seadoo 2 stroke is actually good oil, so don`t discount that so easily and I think the price here in the online store is pretty decent...
    also have a look at Mystil lubricants

http://www.mystiklubricants.com/do/c...y/SMALL_ENGINE

and look here> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ands-used-Poll

also I`m pretty sure there is some info on the Lucas here> http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Stick with seadoo oil there is a reason they have there own oil made. Others may disagree but every 951 i have ever fixed with low hrs on it had some kind of cheep oil in it. It seems to clog the oil injectors and for the 1500 spent on the rebuild seems large to the few $$$ saved on the oil, Thats my 2 CENTS

+1
    i have amsoil in it now because the dealer was out of seadoo syn and all they had was amsoil, so here i am......... a 3/4 tank of red amsoil and looking for it local, the nearest sea doo dealer is 45 miles away, i can get lucas delivered to my door, but i would stay with the amsoil if i can just get it easily.......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    i have amsoil in it now because the dealer was out of seadoo syn and all they had was amsoil, so here i am......... a 3/4 tank of red amsoil and looking for it local, the nearest sea doo dealer is 45 miles away, i can get lucas delivered to my door, but i would stay with the amsoil if i can just get it easily.......
    Become AMSOIL Preferred customer, purchase it @ wholesale, save up to 30% off and have it shipped to your door. You are only 1 hour away from our distribution center and can pick it up there or have it shipped and get it the next day.
    https://www.amsoil.com/amsoillogin/p...aspx?zo=367509

And oil is the best stick with it and u won't be sorry

I vote for Amsoil

Amsoil has never let me down. Been using the stuff for 20+years

+1
    Here's my little story about my experience with amsoil:
    Some setups may differ,
    I run Premix Amsoil Dominator in my Limited setup 787cc GSX and there's more reasons than just amsoil being better than the rest....I used to run BRP oil @ 40:1 (16oz per 5 gal), well with amsoil I have to run 52:1 (12oz per 5 gal) otherwise my raves would puke smudge all over the place and run sluggish on top end. After talking with Kevin (800AMSOIL4U) I found I was running too much amsoil and was actually running lean because the oil was "taking up the space" so to speak and he recommended to run 12 - 13ounces per 5 gal..BAM! My EGT's dropped 300 degrees & I gained 200 rpm and have Been running it like that for the last few years without any issues at all. I don't know about OEM injection ratios whether it's the same as BRP or not.

For Premix:
    Think about it,
    BRP = 16oz per 5 gal (40:1) = 10 gals per qt or 40 riding gallons per gallon of oil.

Amsoil = 12oz per 5 gal (52:1) = 13 gals per qt or 52 riding gallons per gallon of oil.
    So, you get a full tank more in most cases with amsoil.

Kevin can probably elaborate on the reason for the less amsoil needed over the others better than I did. But I will say this, I have not squeeked a piston yet running like this & I run the piss out of it at 7500 rpm!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information