Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Removing manifold to install IC block off

Ok. I have searched but have not found the answer. I know I have to take the manifold off to get the intercooler off. My questions are is there anything going to come out once I get to that point and what to I have to take off to get the manifold off? I see seven bolts that are holding it on along with the injector rail and all the plugs. I had all this stuff off. I started to pull it off, and it was coming off but I was scared to keep going. There seems like there is alot of things to take off to get the manifold off! I have a IC blockoff that I am putting on and have been told to take the flame arrestor out only when I have the manifold in hand due to leaving leftover bits and pieces in the chamber. I have not been able to find a how to that really tells me how to do it. I would like to have some pics of what I need to do to accomplish taking the manifold completely of and the IC block off installed. Thanks for your time and I hope some one can help me.

+1
    There is two tab slots on the bottom to remove pull the top to disengage the alignment pins then pull the manifold up. If the dipstick is stuck in the block just push the top out of the manifold.

Banned User
    +1
    Id its the brass IC, it will slide out towards the gas tank. Will be tough that last inch, but will come out....If you undo the 7 bolts holding the intake on, pull the intake up slightly, it will clear....Make sure both rubber gaskets (one on each end) come out of the intake...

The IC is also the F/A...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Id its the brass IC, it will slide out towards the gas tank. Will be tough that last inch, but will come out....If you undo the 7 bolts holding the intake on, pull the intake up slightly, it will clear....Make sure both rubber gaskets (one on each end) come out of the intake...

The IC is also the F/A...
    OK. I did manage to get the intake to lift up. I figured there were clips or something on the bottom. How much stuff do I need to take off to get the manifold out of the ski? Do I need to take the throttle body off and cut all the zipties holding wires to it off first?

+1
    Yep

+1
    thought so. trying to do it now.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Yep
    Once I do manage to get the manifold off, is there any fluid going to come out?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mini73 View Post
    thought so. trying to do it now.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Once I do manage to get the manifold off, is there any fluid going to come out?
    Nope...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
    Nope...
    ok. got it off. What about the clamp that is on the hose that is going in where the IC blockoff is going? Do I need to take the hoses off first? Will it make it easier?

+1
    OK. I did manage to get the intake to lift up. I figured there were clips or something on the bottom. How much stuff do I need to take off to get the manifold out of the ski? Do I need to take the throttle body off and cut all the zipties holding wires to it off first?
    You can leave TB on.
    Disconnect throttle cable.
    Disconnect all the wiring harness.
    Two connectors too ecu and like 4 other sensors too Mani and TB.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

ok. got it off. What about the clamp that is on the hose that is going in where the IC blockoff is going? Do I need to take the hoses off first? Will it make it easier?
    Water lines too ic?
    Yes remove them.

Clamp holding ic in Mani has to com off.
    that is the end the ic will come out of.

+1
    Yes, remove the clamps.

Please take a look at these instructions after you have the stock IC removed and get the manifold back on

Updated JFizzle Intercooler Kit Installation Instructions.doc

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information