02 and 06 impeller pitch

Ok I think we have narrowed it down to being the impeller and possibly pump.
    Have an 02 f-12 na. With an 02 pump and impeller. And an 06 engine, computer, gauge cluster and wiring harness from an 06. We are not reaching max speed or rpm. We have discovered many differences in the pump side of things between the 2 years. Question is can we swap to a different impeller to achieve the max rpm and speed or do we really have to swap the ENTIRE pump assembly? Can anyone tell me the impeller size and pitch and if the 06 impeller will fit an 02 pump.

Also do I have the theory correct. Less pitch equals higher top speed and engine rpm?

This is for nitro or anyone that can help. Thank you.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Budga View Post
    Also do I have the theory correct. Less pitch equals higher top speed and engine rpm?

Not really, Your Top speed is establish by your Power. Your pump settings and other variables ( like hull design) also contribute to aiding top speed, but in general your engine power is your limiting factor. Next would be hull and then pump design with your Honda.

Most other Ski's (but not always) follow the same pattern.

All props will fit all years F12x-R12x, F12-R12

Shawn

+1
    I have an "04" R12 and ordered a Solas prop, even the retailer sent me an impeller that I installed only to find out that I was turning 4500 rpm. I re-checked their site and found that the R12 takes another model impeller with a different pitch. I will be installing the new prop this weekend which I'm sure will resolve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post
    Not really, Your Top speed is establish by your Power. Your pump settings and other variables ( like hull design) also contribute to aiding top speed, but in general your engine power is your limiting factor. Next would be hull and then pump design with your

Shawn
    Ok. But I am not getting the 7800 rpm that I should be I'm only getting 6930. So is this caused by the wrong pitch on the 02 prop and will be simply solved by installing an 06 prop?

+1
    After this weekend's ride I am happy to say that the correct prop made all the difference, I now am hitting in the low 60s. With the intake mod and I noticed less cavitation and better grab in the chop. I gained about 5 mph with these easy mods. I used Mac's wedge which I beleive didn't provide a speed increase but kept me drier and less porpoising than before.

Schredder and I checked the hole shot, he has a R12X, for the first second and a half I'm out quicker but once his turbo kicks in he kicks my butt.

+1
    Glad it is working OK. Enjoy your toys!

Quote Originally Posted by Waveblaster View Post
    After this weekend's ride I am happy to say that the correct prop made all the difference, I now am hitting in the low 60s. With the intake mod and I noticed less cavitation and better grab in the chop. I gained about 5 mph with these easy mods. I used Mac's wedge which I beleive didn't provide a speed increase but kept me drier and less porpoising than before.

Schredder and I checked the hole shot, he has a R12X, for the first second and a half I'm out quicker but once his turbo kicks in he kicks my butt.

Do you mind listing the mods you've done? I just got myself a '05 r12 and am very interested in hearing what is worth the time and money to upgrade.

Thread Information