Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1

searched forum but still need help p0267

heres the story 06rxt with mods below. last season ran fine. installed fizzle IC with free flow this winter. took it out first full throttle pull bout threw my big ass off. threw a code p0267 (inj#3 short circuit to ground). took it home took everything apart, installed groco/valve/bilge/turned wear ring inside out. took it on the water, same thing, first full throttle pull shot to 8100 rpm and then threw code p0267, and went to 6k rpm. took it home checked slip -10lbft and gear/washers look good. checked almost brand new plugs - all look same greyish brown. put on water hose and threw code again, can get to 8300 rpm on hose but not on water, just to 6k rpm, here is the weird thing, after riding at 6k rpm for a little while, all the sudden it would hit 8100 and haul ass for about 5 seconds, then back to 6k. did this twice while riding for about 15 mins at 6k. any ideas or know how to check this ground? planning on doing ome riding with buddies from out of town this weekend and want to keep up with my buddies stock px. thanks

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

oh and i don't think it's a boost leak problem either, i sprayed some soapy water on all the connections and IC blockoff when throttling and no bubbles appeared.

+1
    If you're getting a code for injector #3 it is likely injector #3 that is your problem The injector could be sticking or your fuse might be on the way out. I would check those two things first. Then you can worry about further diagnosing.

+1
    Codes are there for a reason have you checked the injector?

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    thanks James, ill chjeck the fuse first, im sure one day i will enjoy the extra power of your IC

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Codes are there for a reason have you checked the injector?
    never done one before...i guessing pull the fuel rail, and try to start it at full throttle to see if i get spray. sound about right?

Possible cause:
    Damaged injector, damaged circuit wires, damaged connector or damaged ECM output pins.
    Service action:
    Check for 11.4 to 12.6 ohms between engine connector pin 3 and ECM connector pin 14.
    Check for 12 volts on pin 2 of injector connector

Thread Information