Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Just got a 06 FXHO

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	103.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	234088Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	234087Click image for larger version. 

Name:	105.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	234086Man, the seat is so soft, I can't wait to ride this beast, I've got an R-12x and have ridden a fx140, so I know what I'm getting into more or less, but this will be my first yamaha product...

Is there anything I need to do update wise?

Up to...
    98 785 Pro for sale
    05 R-12x
    89 X2 for sale
    89 sx
    97 780slx
    06 FXH

Congrats on the new ride!

Very nice, care to share what you paid? Would love to get one similar!

+1
    125 hours...

5K for the ski, 500 for the double trailer. Fresh water ski, thought it was a very fair deal. Haven't gotten it on the water yet... but from everything I've seen I have no doubts.

It's a freaking monster compared to the Pro 785 it's next too, heck even my R-12x is going to look small sitting next to it.

Thumbs up

Congratulations, it looks exactly like mine, and I love it. The seat is super soft and I can sit anywhere on it. My little boys have each ridden where your little man is sitting and I put a strap around them to me for security. (and really take it easy when they are on) I did wait until they were 3 and starting to swim.

You might check valve clearance, the manual calls for it at 100hrs, but often I think no adjustment is needed since they are buckets. I don't have that many hours yet so others might chime it as to whether or not that is a good idea. I rode it quite a bit completely stock and had no issues with that so go for it. I think the air cleaner can get oily and slow you down, but I remove the top and wipe up the crankcase blowby after each ride and have not had an issue. I keep the oil set between the line, others have said that keeping it at the top will add to the blow by and I can confirm that.

+1
    I didn't get an owners manual and can't find how much oil to use, what do you guys run through your FXHO's? The dealer said 10W-40, but I needed Yamaha oil

But how much to buy?

The motor is a dry sump design which I find very cool. You check the level in the tank soon after shutting it off. If it sits for a while it can flow back into the motor and read a little low causing you to overfill possibly. Changing the oil is never a complete change since you only get a little over 2 quarts sucking it out of the tank. Put back in what you took out (if the level was close before) and after running a bit on the hose, I shoot for keeping the level somewhere in the middle between the lines on the stick on the tank cap. There are tons and I do mean a lot of "oil" threads so I don't really want to start one here, but after reading quite a few and having owned many motorcycles, I am using Shell Rotella and Purolator filters.

+1
    What kind of Rotella?

The F*&*ing dealership just sold my wife 4 quarts of 10-40W 4W at 10.99 a pop. Why didn't they just sell a gallon. They said it needed 3.3 quarts...

I HATE DEALERSHIPS.

Texas Yamaha Suzuki of Texas will rip you off... FYI

+1
    You can download or view the owner's manual from yamaha http://www.yamaha-motor.com/waverunn...?ls=waverunner

Shell Rotella T 15W-40 stand stuff is what I use (Wally World has big bottles ) - I don't think the synthetic would hurt but I would rather pump out the 2 quarts and replace more often. BTW you can do a search for Rotella on the net and motorcycle for a lot of discussion about it. While you are searching check out the Yamaha R1 threads, our marine M1 motors are based on. I always give the motor a full 5 minutes of idling warmup too before getting on it, besides that gets me out of the no wake zone....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information