Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advice on buying new 300X/LX

Greetings, folks!

I recently discovered this wonderful forum after finally reaching the point of being able to afford some toys I've been dreaming about for decades. Business is doing great here in "the oil patch", so I'm about to buy a 2011 Kawasaki Ultra 300X (must be green!) and 300LX.

I'm planning on faxing/e-mailing a purchase offer to every Kawasaki Jet Ski dealer within a few hundred miles. So far, these are the numbers I've come up with (some of which are just guesses):

• 2011 Kawasaki Ultra 300X - $14,499 (Invoice: $12,614)
    • 2011 Kawasaki Ultra 300 LX - $14,999 (Invoice: $13,390)
    • Triton WC2-2 Trailer - $2,499 (Invoice: ~$1,800?)
    • 48 month Good Times Protection Plan ($650 x2) - $1,300
    • Destination / Dealer Prep ($600 x2) - $1,200
    • Official Kawasaki covers (MSRP $272 x2) - $550
    Total retail: $35,047
    Offer: $32,000 (cash)

I'll also be asking for a 20% discount on all accessories purchased with cash at time of pickup (vests, clothing, tubes, oil, filters, plugs, etc.). The prices on the warranty were given to me by a local Kawasaki dealer as "dealer cost". The other invoice numbers are from http://www.seedealercost.com/boats and seem reasonable enough to be accurate.

I've been hearing a recurring theme from these dealers that stock on the 300X/LX might be at a premium this year due to the disaster in Japan (yeah, I know: "salesman BS"). On the other hand, the economy does sorta suck in the rest of the country to possibly balance this out with the lower demand.

So, do you think getting a few thousand off of retail for this package is reasonable? What have other 2011 buyers been experiencing? Any great Kawasaki dealers in the northern plains that I should definitely check out? Any other advice?

Any ideas would be appreciated! I'll attach some pics when I get my new PWC for the rest of you to enjoy.

+1
    yep your prices seem premium top dollar rrp, do some more shopping around and yes they are becoming scarce especially too us aussies looking over there.

+1
    Universal City Kawasaki of San Antonio, Tx. - $ 13,100 plus TT&L. I know, its not the Plains but it gives you something to reference.

you guys are very lucky
    was at the dealer here were i live today, and the price is in usd 26,836.31.
    in portugal we are always been roubed

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Dawg View Post
    Universal City Kawasaki of San Antonio, Tx. - $ 13,100 plus TT&L. I know, its not the Plains but it gives you something to reference.
    $13,100 must be an "in the crate" price. With a dealer invoice of $12,600 there's no way destination and dealer prep are included in less than a $500 markup. I don't want to rip a dealer off and I assume most of them are smart enough not to let me do so anyways.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Plains_Oil View Post
    $13,100 must be an "in the crate" price. With a dealer invoice of $12,600 there's no way destination and dealer prep are included in less than a $500 markup. I don't want to rip a dealer off and I assume most of them are smart enough not to let me do so anyways.
    Depending how big the dealer is, there is still a bit of profit in the holdback if they sell for 13.1K. Esecially if you are going to by 2 with covers, trailer, spare tire, jack, & accessories.

Ed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Plains_Oil View Post
    I gave them a check for $ 14,166 which included whatever they wanted to put on the invoice. Taxes, title, license, prep, shipping....they put it on my trailer & I drove it home. I have done business with them before & they always give me a good deal. They said to send friends. It is what it is. You will never rip a dealer off, don't worry.

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by madrui View Post
    you guys are very lucky
    was at the dealer here were i live today, and the price is in usd 26,836.31.
    in portugal we are always been roubed
    No doubt, you guys are at a price disadvantage.

Thanks much! Maybe I should be a bit more aggressive with my offer then.

+1
    considering some of us have paid less still in crates to be shipped

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    considering some of us have paid less still in crates to be shipped
    Hi

That's because the dealer doesn't have to pay their local taxes on the pwc if it is an export. Also I am led to believe depending on which state you purchase from determines on the amount of local tax that is charged?

Perhaps someone in the US can confirm this?

regards,

OZFXSHO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information