Thread: xp 787 premix.

xp 787 premix.

im going to put my 787 to premix this weekend.

now. whats the best way to block off the oil lines going to the rotary valves..
    i will leave oil in the tank for the bottom end.
    take off the oil pump and remove the shaft.
    replace the oil pump.
    i will leave the oil line from the tank to the pump connected.. should i just cut the oil lines and loop them from one rotary valve to the other? or should i block off each pipe on its own?

just making sure i get this correct..

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Is this permenant or temporary? either way I would take a small pieceof hose and "loop" the two spots at the rotary valve ad at the pump to keep dirt out. then I would loop the crank case hose. you can, however, take the main line from the tank and put it to the side of te crank case. leaving it on the pump could slow the flow. I havet tried it this way but sounds logical sice the drive shaft is gone.

permenant
    so your saying a bit of pipe from one R/V to the other??

same on the oil pump... i dont get what i mean with the crank case i thought i had to leave the main line connected for the crank.. this is gravity fed??

+1
    yes, one side to the other butmake sure that the line is full up with oil. if you do use the oil tank you can keep the return hooked up but run a new un restricted line to the oter side of the RV. it is gravity fed and it works fine either way.

right im abit lost... so the two little pipes coming off the oil pump goin to the r/v's... i need to fill them pipes with oil and loop them together?? i am going to leave the oil tank in place.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

im getting abit mixed up here im sure them to little lines coming off the oil pump need to be blocked or will run to lean?? i am going to leave oil in the tank so the big pipes going to the crank case will still oil the rotary valve gears in the crankcase.. can i leave the main oil line going to the oil pump connected or should i block this off aswell??

+1
    the little lines you need to either block off or close them up some how. like I mentioned, loop a piece of hose. that will be good enough. they do make a oil pump block off plate so you can completely delete the oil pump. when you do that you can either run a line from the oil tank to the side of the crank case and the return from the crank case can go back to the tank or just delete the oil tank too and just loop a piece of hose from one side of the crank case to the other and fill that line with oil and you are done.

see what u mean now i have done it today i have left in the oil tank

Thread Information