Ultra 150 newbie mod ?'s

Im fixing to try my hand at my first ultra and wondering if I could give me some advise. I just bought a set of mikuni 44's, speedwerx triples, speedwerx head with 42cc domes. Also have a line on a advent ecu, tdr waterbox and solas 16/20. I was wondering what else would be suggested to go with these mods. I plan on just using this as a rec. ski but I will be the only one to ride it. Also what F/A would be suggested that fit well inside the hull with the 44's

I would do everything but the tripples first then get everything including the hull dialed in. 42cc heads and tripples is going to take race fuel.

do you think i am better off finding a set of novi's

Personally I would recommend novi over the mikuni but mikuni will work fine.

I'd rather be jet skiing Saltwater n Premix's Avatar
    +1
    Yea.. I don't know how deep your pockets are or how much time tuning you plan on doing to have this as a "rec" ski. With the way these 1200's burn through gas when stock, it'll cost an arm and a leg to take the ski out for the day. Let alone how much more (quantity & price per gallon) expensive race gas it'll burn when piped... My wallet is quivering at the thought of it. Do you have any handling mods yet? P.s. Listen to Morris up there he's already covered many mods for the Ultra in his threads and knows perhaps a little too much about them

only thing i have left to get for my hull is a ride plate also was going to get a extended nozzle. I am just going to hold out to get some novi 48's. Figured I just threw out the whole rec ski term and am going to go all out on the ultra. I have other skis to play around on so I am going to really modify it. the wife is making me sell some ski's to pay for parts so hopefully i can start on it by the end of the month

I'd rather be jet skiing Saltwater n Premix's Avatar
    +1
    Oh, well in that case is this gonna be more of a top speed queen or closed course trim? I'd love to be able to make a CC spec Ultra, my friends all think it's super fast as is but I'd love to have a 200 HP plus ultra chillin on the trailer for the days I wanna spank some newer skis.

Thread Information