need some 951 silver motor help

hey guys i got a 951 with a blown topend piston cracked. rod is loose in the cylinder. so what you guys think get a 951 reman from SBT or should i just get a complete over haul kit and do it. it blew about 2 years ago after my inlaws let a mechanic work on it and do some carb work i think he either didnt re prime the oil pump or he set the carbs really lean. also its a 98 gtx-Limited, is this one of the models with the bad fuel lines that i use to read about....... its been a long ass time since i have posted on this forum

Not too hard to rebuild. Just did 2 of mine last season. Replace all of your gray fuel lines and rebuild your carb while they are out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well i planned on rebuilding the carbs i didnt figure it would be hard to rebuild it no harder then the other skis i have done but getting a whole motor is kinda got me thinking how easy it will be. deff replacing the grey lines i wanted to make sure it was these models that i remembered had the bad lines.

+1

951 rebuild

I Use ShortblocksRus.com at my shop he can set you up with a rebuilt shortblock or a rebuilt crank, balancer shaft, bore your cylinders and sell you all the parts for a great deal I know he has a 10% off and Free return shipping for Greenhulk members.
    here is a link to there site and the 951 engine
    http://www.shortblocks-r-us.com/prod...3&categoryId=6
    you should call them Last year I bought 46 shortblocks and over 100 cranks from them.
    Good Luck

thanks for the link if they giving a 10 percent discount that saves me about 115 bucks on the motor so thats not bad whole motor for just at 1000 dollars.

well guys just a little update got the 951 out today. i am kinda upset that 4 years ago my inlaws paid a seadoo tech at sportsman marine to do 2200 worth of work for basic maint. and the tech didnt even change out the old grey fuel lines. was hoping i could have salvaged the block but they got a big chunk taken out of it on the bottom, the rear reed valves are cracked, just need to run trough the carbs now, and i guess i will be ordering a shortblock for it, and maybe some performance reeds (suggestions), would love to do a bore over with a 89 octane head, i think it would add a little pep to it.

also guys will shortblocksrus.com take my core even with the big chunk taken out of the bottom crank case.
    are there any performance mods that can be done to this thing while i got it apart that will keep it reliable, pull a tube and give a little more on the top end i think it did right around 57 before it blew so if i could get in the 59-60 range with a few mods and a prop or something let me know thanks guys.

looks like i wont get the full core back for the motor with the hole in the bottom case but thats ok. what other gaskets willl i need to get that wont come with the shortblock kit? also do i really need the engine alignment tool to install the new motor?

well looks like my motor is on its way home. Doug is a real nice guy stayed in contact with me through the whole time. over the last couple weeks he must have got busy didnt answer a couple emails but i got a shipping email from fedex that looked to be my motor. my only question is this i got my invoice from shortblocksrus.com on paypal but when i paid it it went to blockheadenterprisesllc. and then my shipping information came from usapowersports. with an email [email protected]...... why wouldnt all this go to the shortblocksrus business? plan on giving doug a call once its back in the ski let him know how its doing.

Thread Information