Thread: SL700 shaft

SL700 shaft

The original pump for this project was lost and I have now found a replacement which seemed to fit and matche #'s on partsland but now have a problem in that the shaft seems too long(24.5").The original nozzle assy came with long bolts and water tube which also don't match, the new pump drawing water thru the housing.
    Can this be made to work with a shorter shaft or do I have to get another pump. I'm looking for the simplest solution with minimal exchanges, being in the Bahamas.
    Can anyone help???(part#on new pump is JP200PW0010)

Some one installed a extended pump and you need the 4" wearring extension. The extended pump is a much better set-up. find the extension and you are good to go. Item #24
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pw96slx780propulsion.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	10884  

&00 SLT shaft

Thanks Beerdart I see where the long bolts are used now. Do I have to use the long water tube or stick with the impeller housing pickup?

Kannapolis NC (north of Charlotte)
    Id you are going to use the extended pump, you'll need the pump spacer.

If you convert it back to the short pump, you'll need shorter pump bolts, shorter cooling tube and possible trim rod and steering cable shorter (check the length of those!)... The quickest route would be to find the 4" pump spacer if you already have all the extended pump parts... or trade with me and I will give you all my short pump parts and you will have a whole pump! LOL, then I would only have to find the pump spacer (I know where one of them is locally!)

PM me if you are intersted... I'm going to setup my pump this evening hopefully, so I'll probably already have the parts I need... I know I'll have all the short pump parts you need to make yours complete.. who knows when just a spacer will become available again.. guys, can you buy them seperate from the pump setups?

Thread Information