Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

260LX engine and pump life

How long should a properly maintained 260LX engine last before any major wear related problems occur? Also how long should the jet pump last?

I'd like to know in terms of hours please

Cheers
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra260LX View Post
    How long should a properly maintained 260LX engine last before any major wear related problems occur? Also how long should the jet pump last?
    It all depends how hard you ride.
    Jet pump bearing (original set up) are good for about 30-40 hours, maybe 50. If the bearings go, engine will be grenaded. So, change them before it goes out and change to 2011 spec. Then, it should last about 100. That's the first mod I would do on 250/260.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

I'd like to know in terms of hours please

Cheers
    Ed
    How long is a piece of string ???

some here last 30hr
    other have lasted 200 +hrs TOTALY stock and ride Saltwater everyday.....

Waz

After READING this board you WILL get a good understanding what to expect !!!!!!!!!!!

Well my 250 now has 152hrs on the stock bearings, but that will change come next week.
    After my ride this sunday the next day will pull it apart for the 2010 upgrade.
    Also the SC belt too because it will be changed because it's still the original one too.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    How long is a piece of string ???...
    Its a trick question, right? You didnt specify standard or metric...

Thanks for the replies, how can I check for wear, predict when it will fail, that's possible or I should just change it?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks for the replies, how can I check for wear, predict when it will fail, that's possible or I should just change it?
    Well predictions are only as good as your crystal ball
    if the ball is not in tune with the cosmic aqua gods then you are shit out of luck buddy.

the best advise I can give you with my 25yrs of being a mechanic is when in Doubt change them anyway

as WE tell EVERYBODY ALL ultra 07,08,09 NEED atleast twin bearing and retaining nut ASAP..

Waz

ok, cool, what do i need to order and where do i get it from? what tools/pullers etc. do i need to change the bearings?

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

what's the logic of having two bearings? if one fails you can likely detect it before the other one goes too?

+1
    lmao here we go again

yes, i see you spend much of your time laughing, i'm happy you're so happy, if i could work out how to get the search results i want/ find specific stuff on this site then i'd look for myself first, is there a clear bearing modification link/photos explaining all? do bear in mind i'm a beginner with jetskis.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

... further to my last post, since you are obviously knowledgeable and have the time to post why don't you post me the link that will help me rather that laughing at me?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information