Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Lent in SoLA

  1. #1
    83Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Amant, LA
    Posts
    6,019
    +1
    308

    Lent in SoLA

    A typical Friday, during Lent, in South Louisiana. We poor Cajuns, you know we got to make some sacrifices, cher. We boiled up 350lbs. of them swamp critters in 1.5 hours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1140370.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	234392  


  2. #2
    Never say never KirkF350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Midlothian, Texas
    Posts
    4,433
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    A typical Friday, during Lent, in South Louisiana. We poor Cajuns, you know we got to make some sacrifices, cher. We boiled up 350lbs. of them swamp critters in 1.5 hours.
    What time we getting started next Friday?

  3. #3
    83Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Amant, LA
    Posts
    6,019
    +1
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    What time we getting started next Friday?
    I had a feeling you'd take a peek at this thread. LOL. Missing SoLA, aren't you? I'm chained to the desk next Friday (heck, most Fridays - today was special), but name a weekend pre-MB and I'll try and make it happen.

  4. #4
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    but name a weekend pre-MB and I'll try and make it happen.
    I could go for that.

  5. #5
    83Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Amant, LA
    Posts
    6,019
    +1
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I could go for that.
    Here we go again, Mudbug, Jr. 2.0 LOL

  6. #6
    Awesome!

  7. #7
    Never say never KirkF350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Midlothian, Texas
    Posts
    4,433
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    I had a feeling you'd take a peek at this thread. LOL. Missing SoLA, aren't you? I'm chained to the desk next Friday (heck, most Fridays - today was special), but name a weekend pre-MB and I'll try and make it happen.
    Yep, missing it big time. We're locked up almost every weekend until June so I can't see getting there between now and then.
    I can tell you this, if ANY weekend opens up, I'm just gonna show up down there. I'm sure I'll find something to do.

  8. #8
    83Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Amant, LA
    Posts
    6,019
    +1
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Yep, missing it big time. We're locked up almost every weekend until June so I can't see getting there between now and then.
    I can tell you this, if ANY weekend opens up, I'm just gonna show up down there. I'm sure I'll find something to do.
    First platter of 'bugs is on me... Oh, and if it's after Lent, I can have a beer too!

  9. #9
    Never say never KirkF350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Midlothian, Texas
    Posts
    4,433
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    First platter of 'bugs is on me... Oh, and if it's after Lent, I can have a beer too!
    Beer for Lent? That's a tuff one. I've been rice free.

    You buy the bugs, I'll buy the bucket of beer.

  10. #10
    83Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Amant, LA
    Posts
    6,019
    +1
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Beer for Lent? That's a tuff one. I've been rice free.

    You buy the bugs, I'll buy the bucket of beer.
    Just beer? Not here... no known forms of alcohol what so ever... and 6 weeks, too. Yeah, I'll get the bugs and you bring the beer, a lot of it. LOL. Actually, I been doing the no alcohol thing for nearly 20 years, except for an odd year or two... c'mon Easter...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hurricane Isaac in SoLA
    By 83Gator in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 02:36 PM
  2. Sunday's Ride in SOLA w/pix
    By 83Gator in forum Southeast
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 12:02 PM
  3. FS: Dbl PWC Trailer in SOLA
    By 83Gator in forum Trailer Classifieds
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 09:28 AM
  4. PWC Rally in SOLA
    By 83Gator in forum Southeast
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 06:52 PM
  5. Your Fed. Tax $ at work in SOLA
    By 83Gator in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 07:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •