Need part number for the fuel line pulse nipple (press-in on block)

1996 SeaDoo GTI with 720 single carb engine. Can't find the part number for the fuel pulse line nipple. (The one pressed in on the engine block) Not sure how I sheared that thing off when taking the engine out of the hull... but I did and its gone. No where to be found! And can't find it listed in any parts manual either.

Is that something I can pick up at Auto parts place? I sure would think so. Its just a 1/4" press in nipple, right?

It is part of the upper Engine Case---no individual part number for it--- You can either use a Fuel Inlet Tube
    off a dead Carb. and turn down the o.d. to press fit it in or a similar Brass barb'd fitting. Maybe SBT can
    offer you one off one of their trashed engine cases. Use a little JB weld on it to seal it in place and that should work fine.

+1
    you might be able to drill and tap it for a small brass fitting. last resort though

I would Drill and tap it for fitting like Mibunkerking said. Just use a bunch of greese on your tap to catch the shavings.

Quote Originally Posted by mibunkerking View Post
    you might be able to drill and tap it for a small brass fitting. last resort though
    That is exactly what I ended up doing. 1/4" barbed brass fitting was $2.49 at Lowes. Already had the engine out, so pulling the rotary valve cover off was easy. Attached a small flexible tube to a vacuum and placed the tube through the block and right up to the back side of the pulse hole to catch any shavings. Drilled it out... put the barb fitting in... gave it a couple of love taps with a hammer since it was a nice and tight fit... and now good as new. Wish all my jet ski woes were that easy to fix!

That will work too. Atleast you don't have to worry about that anymore.

Thread Information