Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Petrol for my 300x in Australia

Hi

Is 95 ron fuel with 10% ethanol ok to use in my Kawasaki Ultra 300x?

regards,

OZFXSHO

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by OZFXSHO View Post
    Hi

Is 95 ron fuel with 10% ethanol ok to use in my Kawasaki Ultra 300x?

regards,

OZFXSHO
    wont catch me putting ETHANPOO in my 300x

98 or straight 95 when have too as a last resort or to just cruise around or get me home..............Wont be holding it WOT for extended periods thats for sure on crap fuel.

Waz

+1
    as we always have waz not happy $1.59lt at the moment i see a few servos are now offering premium100.

+1
    Hi

I will be mainly using BP Ultimate or Mobile Synergy its just in case of an emergency and I want to fill up at my local service station in Paterson Lakes somtimes they run out of the better 98 ron Premium and would be forced to get 95 ron with ethanol unless I travel outside of the town.

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    Get more warranty.

If you asked this question, its going to blow up.

+1
    Hi

To eel: Thanks for advising me my Kawasaki is going to blow up, its really appreciated. I do not know why a pwc is going to blow up just by asking a question on a forum?

From my past experiences with pwc's (not Kawasaki) I don't need a warranty. And if the consensus is that 95 ron fuel with up to 10% ethanol shouldn't be used with the 300x then I wont use it. Perhaps the warranty will be useful for people that are going to use this type of fuel if that is what you are getting at?

regards,

OZFXSHO

All of the offshore marinas that we ride to only have 89 octane now (USA octane rating). No more 91 octane. Thier reasoning is that most boats nowadays do fine on 89 so why carry 91. I don't know about the new 300, but my 2009 260 does not have "anti knock" sensors in the ECU to retard timing due to less than ideal fuel (Sea Doo ECU's actually have this function in the ECU). Maybe the new 300 ECU has this function in the ECU? My workaround is that I ALWAYS carry some very good octane booster with me just in case I have to use 89 octane. But even than I don't push the engine too hard just in case. Just need to get back to home port in this scenario.

+1
    Hi

Thanks for that informative reply, its appreciated John Belton.

Might check the electrical diagrams and see if the 300x has knock sensors or not and of course I wonder how well they work?

Be interesting to see if the ecu is clever enough to retard the timing to a safe level if it detects knock due to low octane rating or whether it will just ping itself crazy under acceleration?

So to "eel" to take your advise and get more warranty...why?, does it cover blown up motors due to not running the correct fuel? I AM GUESSING NOT.

EDIT: no knock sensors in the new 300x that I could locate in the parts diagrams.

regards,

OZFXSHO

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... Is 95 ron fuel with 10% ethanol ok to use in my Kawasaki Ultra 300x? ..
    What is the minimum RON octane level that Kawasaki specifies in the owner's manual for your model?

Even though many owners don't like using ethanol blended fuel (for reasons other than octane rating) if 95 RON meets the manufacturer's minimum RON octane rating for that engine then it should be OK.

+1
    you only had to ask if it had knock sensors, we already new it didnt, some of us have found out the hard way and yes without warranty

Hi

Thanks for that informative reply, its appreciated John Belton.

Might check the electrical diagrams and see if the 300x has knock sensors or not and of course I wonder how well they work?

Be interesting to see if the ecu is clever enough to retard the timing to a safe level if it detects knock due to low octane rating or whether it will just ping itself crazy under acceleration?

So to "eel" to take your advise and get more warranty...why?, does it cover blown up motors due to not running the correct fuel? I AM GUESSING NOT.

EDIT: no knock sensors in the new 300x that I could locate in the parts diagrams.

regards,

OZFXSHO

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information