Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Installing XS intercooler in 2007 RXP

Got the intercooler out, IC blockoff installed and started to loosely put the XS in so I can be sure before tightening it up. My question is where do the in and out water lines that I took off the stock intercooler go and how do I run them? I know some how I have to attach them to the new intercooler in the back of the ski but I am not sure how they are ran in the ski. I do not have the groco strainer yet but it is on the way. There is a fitting for a hose on the front and a fitting for a hose on the back. I know I am at a stopping point right now till I get the strainer but I would like to know how to do this so when I do get the strainer I can put it all together. I plan on putting a on/off valve also in case I ever need a tow. (Hopefully never but you never know). I have downloaded Fizzles instructions and various installs on here but none really show the water lines being ran. Pics are better for me and this is kind of confusing on how I get the water lines ran to the back. Thanks and I look forward to any responses.

+1
    One of the lines is the in the other is the out. The In line starts in the rear of the ski on the left side back by the waster box. It should have a red piece of tap on it. The out line goes to the exhaust manifold. Most people run the In line to the back of the XS IC, then you are going to have to run a line from the front of the IC (out) to the front of the ski and either attach it directly to the manifold or use a brass hose to hose adapter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    One of the lines is the in the other is the out. The In line starts in the rear of the ski on the left side back by the waster box. It should have a red piece of tap on it. The out line goes to the exhaust manifold. Most people run the In line to the back of the XS IC, then you are going to have to run a line from the front of the IC (out) to the front of the ski and either attach it directly to the manifold or use a brass hose to hose adapter.
    Ok. I figured it went something like that. I know one of the water lines that I disconnected went to the bottom of the engine and the other one went to the back by the water box. Was not sure. I know I can use one of the lines again and the instructions say take one of them off and reuse. I think I will use a brass hose to hose adapter to run the out line back to the new XS intercooler and pull out the stock in water line and reuse it. This is the right way right?

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seadoo IC route.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	234481

excuses my awesome paint skills

+1
    Thats the kind of pics I like to see! LOL This is perfect! I see now how I need to run them. Now got to make sure I make the provisions to install the strainer. Thats easier though I think. Thanks

+1
    wow that picture sums up everything! Nice of you to take your time to do that!

+1
    not a problem, was bored this morning, glad it could help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    not a problem, was bored this morning, glad it could help
    thanks for doing that

+1
    Joey, it's not too big of a deal, but if you can replace the whole hose rather than using the brass coupling. Deletes two POSSIBLE leak spots (either side of the brass fitting). Again not a big deal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    Joey, it's not too big of a deal, but if you can replace the whole hose rather than using the brass coupling. Deletes two POSSIBLE leak spots (either side of the brass fitting). Again not a big deal.
    Yeah I think so too. Doing this will be one less leak to worry about. I'll try and disconnect it and replace it. Thanks for the tip

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information